Suit Up

{Chapter Thirty-Three}

Amber rushed through the facility checking each room for any trace of her older brother until she finally found Natasha sitting in a room watching a restrained Clint very carefully

Amber rushed through the facility checking each room for any trace of her older brother until she finally found Natasha sitting in a room watching a restrained Clint very carefully. The blonde sighed in relief when she saw that he was not injured, or at least not too badly.

Clint sat in the chair thrashing and groaning as the two women watch him regain his senses. Amber took a slow step towards him gaining Natasha's attention and yet her sad gaze did not move from her brother, "Clint, everything is gonna be okay."

The blonde man flinched as Amber rested her hand on top of his but she refused to let go griping it tightly, she knew that she had to be there for him as he was for her.

Clint continued to groan as he chuckled darkly, "You know that? Is that what you know?"

Natasha sighed behind the sibling duo standing to pour the man a drink as he continued rambling about flushing Loki out of his mind, "You've got to level out. It's gonna take time."

Clint sighed slightly tightening his grip on his sister's hand seeking any sort of comfort he could, "You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and stuff something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

Natasha looked back at her friend, not noticing his heavy stare at his sister, and replied in a quiet voice, "You know I do."

Taking a deep breath Amber broke her gaze away from her brother's intense blue eyes that had always been able to see right into her soul. She could hear the two talking behind her as she stepped away unconsciously rubbing her bruised wrist.

The young woman's attention was only caught when she heard her brother's questioning, "How many agents did I-"

Amber turned sharply to her brother taking a step towards him, "Don't you dare!" She snapped taking his hand, "Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic. This isn't what we are trained for. This wasn't you. This wasn't my brother."

Clint smiled softly at her, "Loki, did he get away?"

Amber looked down at her hands avoiding her brother's gaze allowing Natasha to answer him, "Yes. I don't suppose you know where?"

"I didn't need to know. I didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soo though. Today."

Amber stood slowly making her way to the door gazing out of the small window with a dark look in her eye, "We got to stop him."

"Yeah? Who's we?"

"I don't know. Whoever is left."

"Yeah well if I put an arrow in Loki's eye, I'd sleep better I guess."

Natasha smirked at her the man, "Now you sound like you." The two looked at one another smiling sadly before regarding the youngest in the room causing the redhead to speak again, "You don't."