XVI

„Are you lost?"

You opened one eye slightly and the tall man looked down on you with a smirk.

„No, I just wanted to enjoy the sun." you lied and closed your eye again. „But you are standing in the way and interrupting me!"

Dramatically you stretched yourself and then tried to shove Gojo out of your sight with your leg.

„Hm!"  he hummed. „I guess I'll have to eat the Sushi all on my own then."  With a mocking tone he said that to himself and then moved out of the  sun.

By the word  sushi, you remembered how hungry you were. The last time you ate was  yesterday evening and only a few crackers. You were starving actually.

„I mean, I wouldn't mind if you wanna keep me company." you mumbled and opened your eyes to look for him.

Gojo  has changed into some more comfortable clothes -a grey hoodie and black  jeans- and wore his sunglasses instead of his blindfold. In his hand a  paper bag with the brand of some sushi restaurant.

„Uh, so the princess wouldn't mind." he repeated in a high pitched voice, totally mocking you.

„I mean, only if you want to, of course." you tried to sound as uninterested as possible and closed your eyes again.

The  itchy smell of his perfume went up your nose as he sat down next to  you. It was quiet and no one spoke a word, just the chirping of the  birds.

With the  sounds of the paper bag, he got your attention and you opened your eyes  to watch him take a box with sushi out of it. Without a word or even the  slightest reaction towards you, he prepared the soy sauce, the wasabi  and started to eat the first roll.

He continued for another two minutes and let you watch him eating the food he bought.

The audacity!

„Y/N!"  he chuckled. „If you want something, you just have to ask!" Now he  looked over to you and smiled with the nicest fake-smile he could.

„Can-Can I have something?" you asked how he ordered.

He paused for a second and thought about it.
„Hm, no!" he answered and shoved the next rice roll into his mouth.

Shocked  and with a slowly mad turning mood, you inhaled deeply and looked at  him with the most manipulative, I'm-a-dumb-little-girl look you could  do.

„Please,  Satoru!" you started and turned your body towards his. One arm rested on  the backrest of the bench you were sitting on and you placed your head  on your hand to get support. Your other hand went down to his thigh and  slowly started to draw small circles and lines up and down. He tensed up  under your touch and your sudden personality change caused him to  nearly choke on his food.

„Can  I get a bite of your sushi? You don't want me to starve, do you?" Now  your hand that supported your head slowly went to his chin, pulled his  face towards you, so that he was forced to look into your eyes.

„You  are going to be my favorite Satoru if you give me some." with that you  carefully grabbed the hand in which he held the box with sushi and you  stole a roll out of it. Quickly, before he could react properly, you  shoved the food in your mouth and smiled.

It was delicious! Probably the best sushi you ever had.

Gojo  looked at you with half closed eyes and a dirty smirk on his lips.  „Bitch!" he whispered through his breath and moved to grab another box  out of the paper bag.

„And  your are calling me manipulating? Pfff! And I better be the one and  only Satoru, not just your favorite." With that he handed you your own  food. You now turned completely and faced him cross legged.

„Yeah, another one of you and I am going to unalive myself." you giggled and opened the box with the meal you have waited for.

Suddenly  his chopsticks went under your chin and pushed your face up, forcing  you to look at him. „Watch your mouth!" he kind of threatened.

„Oh, please! Make me!" you responded with a smirk.

The  sudden pressure disappeared and he let go off you. He sighed and put  his chopsticks down. „Dangerous game what you are playing there, Y/N!  Can cause you a lot of trouble, you know!"

„Don't worry, I will figure it out!" you responded and put some soy sauce on one of your sushi rolls.

„Yeah, but there's nothing to figure out if you are dead."

Confused, you looked at him. Where did that come from?

„I don't understand! What do you mean?" you asked and stared at him.

„Y/N, I think it's great that you are so confident and that you don't let others talk you down but, how can I say that?"

He inhaled.
„You are not as strong as you think you are."

Before he continued, he made a small pause to let you process what he has said to you.

„I'm  not saying that you are weak -absolutely not- but there is just so much  that you have to learn and understand first. You will go on missions  soon and one day even all on your own. There will be no one to rescue  you. The enemies and curses you are going to exorcise, won't be fighting  like Nobara and Yuji. Their goal will be to actually kill you. And with  your attitude right now, you would die."

His  words caused a big confusion between your thoughts and feelings. You  weren't sure if you should be hurt or take his words seriously. Well,  somehow you knew he was right. Yuji for example hadn't even used a  cursed technique on you.

„I'm not saying that you should change. I'm telling you, if you wanna keep this attitude you need to become stronger."

„And how do I become stronger?" You asked quietly.

„A  lot of training, practice and it comes naturally with experience. And I  mean, you already self-taught you your techniques. You are basically a  raw diamond that only needs some fine tuning."

You remained quiet and stared at your fingers.

„The first time we met, was not the first time actually." he giggled.

The sudden topic change confused you even more and you looked at him.

„Well, the first time I saw you, you kinda swept me off my feet." he continued and put a sushi roll in his mouth.

„What do you mean?" you asked again as you still didn't understand what he meant.

„The  first time I saw you was in a Café. You were waiting in line in front  of me. If I remember correctly, you ordered a hot chocolate." he started  to tell the story with a muffled mouth, chewing his food between his  words. „Y/N! You have an insanely high amount of cursed energy. So much  that I thought you were a curse at first. As you got your drink -that's  also how I knew your name- I well, kind of followed you. It was right  before a shift of yours and hmh." he chuckled. „As I saw that you work  at a strip club, you caught my interest even more."

„And what do you wanna tell me with that?" you asked since you didn't understand the meaning behind his story.

„If you would be weak, you wouldn't be here."