𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2

𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐝.

© Xouliana_2022 writing.

CHAPTER 2.

After a brief monologue on the ten thousand reasons why she should give up going to that company today, she alighted the first keke napep that passed by the streets, in hopes of picking up a passenger.

Quickly calculating the time and distance, she told the keke rider a key landmark in her destination to make it easier for her.

The rider seemed to understand how much of a haste she was in, and so, immediately he had gotten (his idea of ) a minimum number of passengers going the same route, aboard his keke; he started the engine and off they went.

Having a mental battle and being sandwiched by people simultaneously was harder than you'd think.

To her, it felt as though she was running in a marathon while tear gas was being released into the air at the same time - well, tear gas or "torn gas".

She chose to quit her second-guessing which proved easy due to the very distracting... presences.

.......

Alighting from the keke and quicky giving - more properly called flinging the charge and muttering an apology for her lack of attention, she boarded a taxi headed to the company's site.

......

Alighting a few steps away from the main entrance, she paid the taxi driver after getting out and began walking to the main entrance.

Walking...very fast-paced.

She got into the reception area and saw only four individuals sitting on a bench she recognized to be the "Interviewees' bench".

She took a step forward, then stopped.

Awkwardly turning around, she took her scarf which had ended up around her neck somewhere through her shuffle.

Dragging lithe fingers through the root knots of her hair, and twisty-turning to loosen fine curls, she made good work of her hair.

She patted her mary-amaka skirt and fixed up the presentable look she'd practiced the previous day.

Turning back, she looked thrice as confident as she felt - not much, but the odds were favourable.

She walked forward and sat at the edge of the bench, not far away from the other person as she liked but living in the country had built up her tolerance levels.

She also learnt a few life lessons, which mainly centered on how she was not allowed to choose or be picky - she'd understood it the hard way.

                        ✯✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✍︎✯

A/N: I'm really sorry for the delay. Exams are around the corner - probably why I should have put off the writing of this book from the start, but since I didn't - writing and updating is going to be really in-between.

I'll initiate a schedule... hopefully.

Thank you again for your continuous support.

Signed,
Xouliana_.