005. it's 'sah-win' not 'sam-hayne'

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

     HUNTS BEGAN TO blur together. A Rugaru, a shapeshifter, a ghost making people quite literally die from fear. It was good to help those people but Eleanor felt like they weren't making any progress with stopping the impending apocalypse.

It was now the day before Halloween, Eleanor's once favorite holiday. October 31st didn't hold the same appeal as it once did. After everything she had seen, a holiday where people dressed as demons with red horns and a pitchfork or vampires with only two sharp teeth and a cape made her feel a little sick.

She sort of liked the original Halloween, where people dressed as scarily as they could to keep them safe from evil spirits. But as Eleanor knew far too well, you can't protect yourself from everything.

The Winchesters stood in the kitchen of the Wallace family house. They were once again dressed as FBI agents. Sam and Dean passed just fine, but Eleanor received a weird look from Mrs. Wallace as she introduced herself. Dean told her Eleanor had just finished training and the woman seemed to buy it.

"Now how many razor blades did they find?" Eleanor asked the widow. She had a notebook at the ready, which her brothers had teased her for, but it made her feel more authentic. And she knew from past experience that her memory was terrible, so it was better to jot down important information.

        Mrs. Wallace sighs, she had gone over this already with the police. "Two on the floor, one in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them. How is that even possible?" Her voice was soft and she was nearly in tears.

She notices Dean looking around the front of the stove and in the oven door. "The candy was never in the oven."

Dean gives her a professional smile. "We just have to be thorough, Mrs. Wallace," he lies.

"Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?"" Sam asks, returning the woman's attention to the siblings interviewing her.

"No," her eyebrows furrow, "I mean, I don't think so." A single tear slips down her cheek and she wipes it away. "I just – I can't believe it. You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?"

"More than you might imagine," Sam says solemnly.

Dean rises from the floor and holds up a hex bag behind Mrs. Wallace's back so she can't see, making sure to keep it out of her line of sight. Sam sighs and looks at the widow.

"Mrs. Wallace, did Luke have any enemies?" he asks.

She frowns, confused. "Enemies?"

"Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?" Sam presses.

"What do you mean?"

"Co-workers? Neighbors?"

"Maybe a woman." Eleanor cuts in bluntly. Sam shoots her a look, but she brushes it off.