Chapter 5 - Cataclysm

A powerful Flamethrower by Arceus collided with a Dragon Pulse from Giratina just as mighty. This signaled the beginning of the battle.

The Original One kept its ranged assault up with several ranged moves like Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse and similarly powerful attacks.

The Renegade proceeded to dodge, only to witness the damage already made to the Distortion World.

It hated to see its dear creation being slowly torn apart by every attack Arceus used, but it will not succumb to anger.

Giratina had a couple of factors working in Its favor. The first was the difference in experience from the last time the two had even met. It had grown far more powerful and mastered its powers, much like how Arceus had long ago, and the Embodiment of Creation had no idea.

The second lied in the emotional state. Its sibling's wrath worked to blind the Alpha Pokémon of its usual wisdom with which It always acted.

Soon Arceus grows impatient and charges up Judgment. Do not be fooled, most entities cannot dodge or block this attack, given its sent to target and home in on one or multiple targets, even if the rain of projectiles seems to follow the rules of the Universe at first.

However, it was evident in a place like the Distortion World how it did home in. Even if it missed and went down below, it'd circle back and attack again and again until it did hit something.

Giratina was not most entities. It had waited a long time for the opportunity to test this move out.

Right before the powerful move could come in contact with the Renegade, it vanished without a trace.

The rest of the projectiles hit each other by targeting the spot the Pokémon was just in, making a massive blast that burned the flora and scorched the surrounding rocks.

Arceus frantically looked around, aware that Its sibling wouldn't simply get obliterated.

Suddenly, the Alpha Pokémon is struck from above by The Omega, making the first significant amount of damage.

"I expected you to put up more of a fight. You should probably retire."

"I will not hear another word from you!"

As long as Arceus was busy being angry or at least emotional, It had the upper hand in the mind game. Still, this war of attrition reminded It of how much of a monster the Original One truly was. Even with Its signature move, it would take hundreds upon hundreds of hits to take It out.

"You dare raise your power to betray me?!"

"Who are you to talk about betraying, scum? You left me here to rot for eternity and never bothered to come and check up on me. I trusted you. You were the one to backstab. Don't play innocent, asshole."

"You were right, I should have let you run rampant back then. Then I wouldn't have to deal with this mess of a world!"

Giratina took a deep breath. Every statement its brother made was more ludicrous than the last and its patience was running out rapidly.

"You hypocrite. I don't remember running rampant simply because you turned your back on me. Now here you are, whining like a child because one country betrayed you."

"Shut up! Every word you utter is nothing but vile incarnate!"

The Renegade had just about enough, using Dragon Rush to slam against Arceus's neck. The Alpha Pokémon replied with a Night Slash, slashing the opponent's throat.

A Dragon Pulse and a Hyper Beam from both at point-blank range split the two apart, leaving burn marks on their faces. Both flew into some of the footholds of the Distortion World, crushing them with their overwhelming weight.