[13] Drop Our Anchors in a Storm

"So, our first move is grand theft auto?" Sam asked as they approached the small jets, sunglasses adorning his chiseled face. YN had her own ray bans situated over her nose, covering her gaze as it dragged over Sam's high cheekbones and perfectly plump lips.

"These are mine. Collected by family over the generations. I spent years hunting people HYDRA recruited to recreate the serum."

"Not before I did..." YN grumbled crossing her arms as she followed behind the three men.

"Because once it's out there, someone can create an army of people... like the Avengers. I ended the Winter Soldier program once before. I have no intention to leave my work unfinished. To do this, we'll have to scale a ladder of lowlifes."

"Well, join the party. We've already started." YN smirked as Zemo chuckled, not expecting him to be so carefree whilst being surrounded by people who could throw him back in jail without a second thought.

"First stop is a woman named Selby. Mid-level fence I still have a line on." Bucky glanced back at YN as she climbed the steps behind YN, meeting her eyes briefly as she frowned at him. "From there, we climb."

"So... All this time you've been rich?" Sam asked as they sat down in the cabin of the jet, Sam across from Zemo, YN across from Bucky.

"I'm a Baron, Sam. My family was royalty until your friends destroyed my country." YN looked to her knees as she remembered the events of Sokovia, in particular, who they had also lost. Bucky extended his leg to press against YN's, catching her attention and making her look up, however Bucky wasn't looking at her, more at Sam who had his own eyes on where YN and Bucky's body connected.

"Why don't you tell us where we're going?" Sam finally asked, removing his gaze from YN and moving back to Zemo. The Baron tutted, lifting the book in his lap to his face, removing a smaller looking notebook.

"I'm sorry. I was just fascinated by this. I don't know what to call it, but this part seems to be important." YN frowned as she looked over at the sudden change of conversation. "Who is Nakajima?"

The sudden movement across from her made YN flinch as Bucky tore out of his seat, his hand stretching out to wrap around Zemo's throat. "If you touch that again I'll kill you." YN stared at the small book as Bucky dropped back into his seat, the pages crunching under his tight grip.

"Is that Steve's?" She whispered, blinking at it.

"I told him about Trouble Man and he wrote it in that book." Sam said, motioning toward where Bucky was trying to hide it away, avoiding YN's gaze. "Did you hear it? What'd you think?"

Bucky and Sam conducted a small conversation about the significance of the Marvin Gaye, Zemo popping in occasionally, yet YN couldn't get the book out of her head. Why did Bucky keep it? What was he using it for? Her leg bounced as she fixated on it until the topic of conversation broke through and YN's glare was pointed at Zemo.

"You must have really looked up to Steve." Zemo commented. "But I realized something when I met him. The danger with people like him, people like you, YN, America's Super Soldiers, is that we put them on pedestals."

"You shut your mouth," YN gritted out. "Steve wasn't put on any pedestal because of what he was... He was a good man, people looked up to him because he was a hero-"

"You became symbols. Icons. And then we start to forget about your flaws."

"Watch your step." Sam said, looking between where YN was stiffening at Zemo's words.

"From there, cities fly, innocent people die." He continued anyway. "Movements are formed, wars are fought." He turned to Bucky, ignoring YN's glare. "You remember that, right? As a young soldier sent to Germany to stop a mad icon. Do we want to live in a world full of people like the Red Skull?" He asked, smirking as YN's grip on the seat's arm rest grew tight. "That is why we're going to Madripoor."