Bonus Chapter: River's Love Confession

part one

When I feel particularly lonely I empty my mind so I can fill it with thoughts of her, I thought of her on the plane over here, when I saw a firework light up the night sky and when I watched her with her heart heavy as she sat in a booth at the diner.

I think I accidentally fell in love with Sage.

I suppose I love her but I'm ashamed to associate her with a word that can be used to describe my fondness for many things. I love music, I love coffee and I love cars. I love how I look in suits and I love to fall asleep to the sound of rain hitting the ground outside. But the 'love' I have for her surpasses anything I've ever loved before.

Because back in high school on one random Tuesday morning I woke up and remembered that I'd see her that day and that alone made me feel lighter because she made life that little bit better.

The pure intimacy I feel for her is kept hidden in plain sight. The trivial questions followed by my unwarranted care. How are you today? (I hope you're happy). What's your favourite fruit? (I want to give you as much of it as I can so you're constantly surrounded by things that make you smile). Do you like me? (It can't possibly be as much as I adore you).

Every time I'm around her I feel a new part of my being fall victim to her care and it scares me how easily she's changed my perception of love because imagine how easy it'll be for her to define my understanding of heartbreak.

For her to have this much power over my state of mind, over my happiness alone must mean that what I feel for her is much greater that some inadequate, worn out word.

But to comply to the norms of our rudimentary society I do love her, the love I have for her is more than the love l have for life itself.

- x -

this is a space for you to write about you're person someone you're in love with, whether you're with them or not write something to them, saying what ever you feel so it's not just in your head replaying and driving you insane.

also what are things you love in enemies to lovers books?