Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp

It is now a week since Lena took Kara to meet Lori, and Kara has been finding more and more reasons to delay her love confession to Lena. It is just everything that happened with the Lori situation, with Kara thinking Lena was dating someone else, scared her. It made Kara realise how much it will hurt if she confesses her feelings to Lena, and is then rejected. However, Kara is meeting Lena for lunch today, and she plans to finally tell her. Kara has just obviously been terrified of Lena not returning her feelings, and then them not being able to be friends anymore because of the awkwardness between them.

Kara walks into the front lobby of L-Corp, Big Belly Burger in hand, and that's when she notices a bit of a commotion going on at the security entrance.

"Let me see Lena!" A familiar voice yells out.

"I can't let you do that. Where are you parents?" One of the guards asks.

Kara quickly makes her way over to the security entrance and notices that it is Lori standing there, with a worried look on her face.

"Lori?" Kara says, surprised.

"Kara!" Lori says, sounding relieved.

"You know her, Miss Danvers?" One of the security guards says.

"Uhhh... yeah... yeah I do." Kara nods, and then steps closer to Lori, "What are you doing here?"

"I need to see Lena." Lori says, sounding desperate.

Kara looks at the 7-year-old for a few moments, noticing how desperate and anxious she looks, with her heart beating really fast.

"Okay." Kara says, and then turns to the guards, "She can come up with me."

"Miss Danvers, this doesn't abide by our security protocols.... You may have a free pass but..." One of the guards begins.

"But you think a 7-year-old girl, who has a relationship with Miss Luthor, is going to cause some trouble?" Kara basically scoffs, "Let me be clear; If Miss Luthor knows Lori is down here, and has been held by security, she will not be happy. So, why don't we forget that, and you just let her come up to Lena's office with me?"

The security guards look at each other anxiously, before then nodding their heads.

"Fine." The main guard says.

"Good." Kara replies, and then turns to look at Lori, "Come on Lori, let's go."

Kara then walks over to the elevator, and steps inside with Lori, pressing the button to Lena's office floor.

"So, want to tell me what you are doing here?" Kara asks, once the two of them are alone.

Lori looks at Kara, and still has an anxious look on her face.

"My foster family are moving.... and they can't take me with them...." Lori says, sadly.

Kara's eyes go wide, realising what that likely means for Lori, her going back into another foster home, being unsettled again.

"Oh.... I'm so sorry Lori." Kara says.

Lori nods her head, not saying anything else.

A few moments later the elevator doors open on Lena's office floor, and Kara and Lori step out.

"Miss Danvers?" Jess says, surprised, "Who is this?"

"This is Lori." Kara explains.

Jess' eyes go wide.

"Oh... wow.... It's nice to meet you, Lori." Jess smiles.

"Can I see Lena now?" Lori asks, desperately.