chapter 22

Alex's POV:
Yesterday was a lot. This morning I woke up extra early. I could sleep and my mind was spinning. I have never had any doubts about Charles he is everything, but right now I can't take the media. I really want to be there for Charles, but I don't know if I can. What if I just can't handle his life, fame and media?

I felt really uncomfortable laying there in bed with my thoughts as he was sleeping so peaceful. I went up and walked out of the room. Everything kind of came crashing down at me. My eyes started watering and I didn't really know why. I decided to go to his balcony and get some fresh air.

I walked through the living room and got to the glass door. I tried to open the door but I guessed it was kind of jammed or something. I tried to push it open with more force but it still did not want to open. Tears were now streaming down my face. Everything was just too much. I tried one more time, this time also jumping into the door. It didn't budge a centimeter. I slowly turned around and slid down on the floor. My face got buried in my knees as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

-Hey Alex are you okay? Charles said now sitting down beside me in only a pair of sweatpants. I heard some banging.

-O-oh it was just the glass door, I sniffed. It didn't want to open.

-But Alex are you okay? He asked looking at me, I could feel it. You wouldn't be crying over the glass door at 6am.

-I-I don't know if I can take it, that was all I got out between the cries.

-Alexandra you need to talk to me. What can't you take? Is it the media?

I could sense that he was worried. He sat close to me, but I hadn't looked up since he got here.

-Yes Charles, I said raising my head. I'm absolutely terrified. I don't want them to know who I am or be photographed whenever I'm out.

-Hey hey hey you don't ever need to be scared when you're with me okay? Charles asked whiping my tears.

-I know, but what if I'm not with you?

-Well then you will have to be with me forever, Charles said laughing.

It kind of cheered me up, but I still wasn't ready myself. We sat there for a while. Charles continued to talk to me about different things that wasn't Formula One. I wasn't replying much but it made difference having Charles next to me.

I had been talking with Charles about going to Australia with him for this weekend, hence Charles question:

-Do you still want to go to this week's race? I totally understand if you don't want to and can't handle it.

-No, no I'm going, I said looking at him. I want to be there for you.

A couple days later
I don't know I actually could jump on that flight, I was absolutely terrified. I think it was the fact that I didn't want to say no to Charles now when I had said yes earlier. I really wanted to not disappoint him by not being there. So here I was in Melbourne, Australia yet for another Grand Prix. It's funny to think that I didn't have a clue about this crazy world called Formula One just a couple of months ago.

Just as I was in my own head with my own thought I felt him turning in the bed. He had finally woken up. I pretty much always woke up before him and I often liked to stay in bed until he woke up.

-Good morning baby, he said with a raspy morning voice.

-Morning, I said giving him a peck on his lips.

He smiled. Largely.

-How did I get so lucky to meet some like you, he said while caressing my cheek. I have never met someone funny, kind, caring and absolutely gorgeous.

That last part made me smile and blush. Even though I had been seeing Charles for a while I still wasn't used to someone calling me pretty.

-Chaarles, I said still blushing.

I gave him one more peck on the lips before he had to leave the bed. He came out of the bathroom a while later with slightly less messy hair.

-Is it a bad hair day? I asked laughing.

-What's wrong with my hair? Charles said confused looking at the closes mirror.

-Oh nothing, I said moving closer to hug him. I like it just like this.

-Are you ready to leave? He said looking at my outfit, I was still in my pajamas.

-Oh I'm not feeling that well but I will be down in the paddock for qualifying, I said trying not to break eyecontact.

-O-okay, he said slightly choked. Are you okay? Will you be fine?

-Yes Charles I promise, I said swallowing hard. Now go I don't want you to be late because of me.

-Well I wouldn't mind, Charles said with a sneaky smile.

-No Charles you need to go or you'll be late, I said laughing.

This guy sometimes...

———