✵ twenty-eight ✵

Harry had the stand in drive us back to my place on Sunday.  I honestly didn't know why he wanted to drive back with me, but I thought he was being kind in that sense.  Once we pulled up to my place, Harry and I got out of the car, the curly-haired model making sure I got out okay before grabbing my bags from the seat.  There weren't many, but I still couldn't believe he was being so generous and wished to walk me up to my apartment. 

"I'm so sad my neonata isn't going to be staying with me anymore." 

"I know.  My bestie and I can't cuddle in bed tonight," I smiled, the two of us heading inside then.  "Are you going to be at my work tomorrow?" 

"I have meetings elsewhere, why?" 

I shrugged.  "I was going to ask if you'd want a coffee then because I get coffee for Mrs. Woods every day." 

He smiled, pressing the elevator button.  I could tell he appreciated the thought, and that he was even a little surprised I had asked.  After all, we had just become better friends over the weekend, but I knew it was because we had needed one another the other night.  Stepping onto the elevator with him, I glanced up at him, my cheeks burning as I tucked my hair behind my ear when I realized he was already staring at me. 

"Why are you nervous?" he laughed.  "We spent the weekend together." 

"I just get nervous around you still, I don't know." 

It made him snicker, and I just ignored Harry for the rest of the way up.  Once we stepped off the elevator, the two of us traveled down the hall to my door.  I honestly kind of thought that he would just say goodbye to me when we reached it, but it was clear that wasn't the case by the way he was waiting patiently for me to unlock the door.  It wasn't long before I had opened it up, Harry gesturing for me to walk into my home.  However, I found myself entirely confused when I noticed my friends sitting on the couch, yet it sounded like someone was in the kitchen. 

"Is Jess here?" I asked Louis, Harry shutting the door behind him as he headed to my bedroom to drop my things down.  "Is someone cooking?" 

"Oh, yeah," he nodded. 

"It's not Jess though," Niall told me. 

"Then who is it?" I asked.  "Liam isn't dating anyone, and I know you're not, so who?" 

"Well," Liam started.  "Oliver said that he wanted to come by and—" 

"Harry!" I shouted before Liam could even finish his sentence.  It was probably five seconds flat before the curly-haired man was back out in the living room without my things.  I could see there was worry on his face, Louis, Liam, and Niall all appearing confused also.  They then glanced over to the kitchen and I watched as Oliver stepped into a spot where I could see him now.  Our eyes met briefly before I shifted behind Harry, trying my best to hide. 

"What's wrong?" he asked softly, turning around so he could look at me.  "I thought you and Oliver were still seeing each other." 

"No." 

"What?" I heard my friends say. 

There was a long pause, and I glanced over Harry's shoulder to see that Oliver didn't even look like he was concerned.  It was as if he thought what had happened Friday night was okay, when it most certainly was not.  I had bruises on my waist because of him, which I was thankful Harry couldn't have seen. 

"Did he put his hands on you?" Harry asked calmly, his composure eerily still. 

"Harry." 

"Did he?" the man in front of me questioned, this time more firmly.