Chapter 17

Weirdly enough, they didn't manage to find a single sight of the traveller or her companion in Mondstadt so they decided to head off to the Headquarters to try and persuade Lisa to allow them an access to the restricted section but the librarian was also nowhere to be found.

As they were about to head back to the hotel room, something caught Ichiro's eyes.

"Rui, I need the body now." Ichiro told him.

Ruichiro was confused but complied nonetheless seeing as he didn't have any use of it yet. As they switched in an alleyway, Ichiro hurriedly wrapped bandages around his neck and face below his nose and wore his delusion mask without activating it.

"Ichiro, what's going on?" Ruichiro asked but Ichiro ignored him.

As the traveller and Paimon hurried after Venti, the bard didn't notice the two masked agents that materialized behind him and was about to attack him.

Thankfully the traveller had managed to blow them back using her anemo powers. As Lumine was about to get to them and tie them up, they sunk back into the ground but they failed to notice the mastermind behind them.

A snap of a finger brought their attention behind them as a strong surge of Cryo blew them back, even completely freezing Paimon and blowing her away.

Venti turned around and fought back the elemental surge with his own but failed to notice that his feet were frozen to the ground.

Two Fatui agents tackled Lumine as a woman in an elegent dress walked towards them with a chuckle.

"At last, Mondstadt's rodent ruler in the flesh." She smirked as Venti immediately recognized her as La Signora, the Fair Lady and the Eight of the Eleven Fatui Harbingers as well as Ichiro's current wife.

"Scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers... Mondstadt calls this a God?" She sneered as she held Venti's face.

"Resident rodent... beats invasive vermin-" Venti was caught off by a slap on his face.

"Don't you dare speak back to me, you insolent bard." She insulted. She stepped back as Venti created a small but powerful swirl beneath him, slowly taking off the chunks of ice that stuck him to the ground.

"Look at you, absentee archon of Mondstadt. How impotent you've become." She smirked as she took a look at his power.

"That smirk you wear looks out of place. Did you steal it from your master's face?" Venti fought back. Signora glared as she held out her hand and released a sudden impact towards the bard, completely braking the ice and pushing him back as she dashed forward.

"Should have held your tongue." She sneered as she dug her hand to his chest, making him gasp in pain. Signora pulled back her hand, now grasping what looks like a chess piece as Venti collapsed in exhaustion and pain.

Signora held out the glowing chess piece as she closely inspected it.

"So. This is a Gnosis? Wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public." She smirked in victory.

"Beauty is a waste... when the beholder has no taste..." Venti grunted out as he held his torso. Signora looked back and narrowed her eyes in annoyance as she walked over to him and kicked him away by the stomach.

"Venti!" Lumine yelled and struggled against the Fatui agents as the bard fell out of consciousness.

Signora finally took notice of the traveller as she glance at her.

"So I'm guessing that she is the one causing us problems. It's best to get rid of her early on." Signora thought as she was about to walk towards her.