Episode 4 - Searching for a phone

Morning had come quickly in Hyosan as the sun began to rise up. The morning sunrise flashing through the window in Hyosan High School had woken Areum from her peaceful sleep. 

Slowly opening both of her eyes, Areum could see Cheongsan and Onjo were standing in front of the window as they looked at the situation outside of their school yard. She also spotted a few of her friends still asleep while others began to wake up. After a moment of silence, the young girl could hear the sound of the helicopter whirring around the town of Hyosan, probably searching for some abandoned surviving citizens in the area.

Feeling comfortable when she was asleep, Areum lifted her head from Suhyeok’s left shoulder and started to do her usual morning stretch. When the black-haired girl felt something drop from her shoulder while doing her morning stretch, the beauty looked down and saw Suhyeok’s blazer on her lap. 

Knowing well of Suhyeok for several years, Areum could guess he had wrapped his blazer around her body when she fell asleep on his shoulder. Glancing at the boy beside her, the young girl smiles fondly at the boy’s small action, happy to see he could get some sleep after yesterday's occurrence. 

The young girl then draped the blazer around his body and gave the boy a quick kiss on his cheek as a gratitude. Waiting for the rest to wake up, Areum leaned her head back against the cabinet behind her and watched the sunrise through the window while she played with her necklace pendant.

***********

“They’ll come for us eventually.” Onjo reassured Hyeryeong. The two girls then conversed with themselves as the rest of the student bodies were still in daze after waking up from their sleep. 

Suhyeok was still dazed after waking up from his sleep until noticing that his school blazer was wrapped around his body. Immediately turning to glance at the girl beside him, Suhyeok smiled in amusement when he watched her playing with the necklace pendant while watching the sunrise through the window. Suhyeok greeted her with a gentle nudge on her arm, making the beauty turn to look at him.

“Morning, Suhyeok-ah.” Areum greeted, then she silently laughed once she looked at his messy hair. The young girl then tried to smooth down his hair by combing his fringe using her fingers. “Thank you for wrapping me using your blazer. I had a nice sleep.” the black haired girl whispered as she focused on fixing his messy hair.

“It’s fine. I’m glad you sleep well.” Suhyeok mentioned in a hoarse tone after waking up from his sleep as he fondly watched her focusing on her task. 

Unknown to the two teenagers, Wujin watched their small  interaction from his seat as a smile slowly began to appear on his face, hoping that they would confess their feelings to each other sooner. Shaking his head in amusement, Wujin turned his chair from facing them and instantly he caught Namra smiling while watching the two interactions. 

Wujin grinned in surprise when he spotted her smiling as he never saw that specific facial expression coming from the class president.

When Namra sensed someone was staring at her, she glanced around until she saw Wujin grinned at her. In a flash, her smile disappeared as Namra averted her eyes anywhere but him as she felt embarrassed for getting caught for watching Areum and Suhyeok’s interactions.  

“We can put up a signal for help.” Onjo informed, gaining her friends’ attention as Jimin asked her how to do it.

“My dad taught me a signal that is used internationally.” Onjo explained.

“What is it?” Hyeryeong asked, curiously wanting to know the signal.

“It was red and blue arranged together to create some sort of pattern.” Onjo described, making her friends confused with her description of the signal pattern.