It's Okay

A WEEK LATER

Scarlett found herself standing over a cliff, the place was eerie and cold. Like this place doesn't know what life is, it's dark and cold.

"Who would've thought that we'll be standing here, right?"

Hearing that familiar voice, Scarlett immediately turned around. Her breathing becomes heavy as she saw Y/N, standing there. She's speechless as she watches Y/N smile at her, before coming to stand next to her.

"You're here again, Scarlett." Y/N said, with a faint chuckle. She looked at Scarlett, her eyes were sad, but content. "I told you to stop visiting me, right?"

Confused, Scarlett frowned. "W-What? Baby, where are we? And is it really you?" She asked and cupped Y/N's cheeks, they were cold but the warmth in her E/C eyes were there.

"It's me..." Y/N whispered, taking a deep breath, "And it doesn't matter where we are, but I told you... you should stop coming here."

"I-I don't understand, Y/N..." Scarlett said, and she shook her head. "Where are you? Really? Are you coming back to me? Please, come back. I need you, we need you." She begged and hold onto Y/N's hands.

Y/N smiles, she rests her forehead against Scarlett's. "I love you, I will always love you, Scarlett. I wish I could tell you this in person. Even in my next life, I will find you. But for now... I need you to let me go."

Scarlett's eyes widened and she pulled away, tears streaming down her face. "W-What? No!"

Y/N caressed Scarlett's cheek, then she leaned in and planted a soft, lingering kiss on her cheek. "I love you, you're my everything." She whispered before she pulled away and closes her eyes as she let herself drop on to the cliff.

Yelling Y/N's name, Scarlett planted herself to the ground, holding Y/N's hand. "No, please, no. I can't, please!" She cried, choking on her tears.

Y/N looked up at Scarlett, she smiles. Her eyes held strength and contentment. "It's okay, Scar... let me go." She whispered, smiling.

Scarlett shook her head, tears falling down. "Please, please– no. Y/N no, I need you!" She choked.

Y/N only smiles before she kicks the wall and letting herself fall.

Scarlett closes her eyes, couldn't look at the way Y/N was falling. She screamed, crying.

Scarlett woke up, breathing heavily. She looked around and realized that she was just dreaming. Again.

She's been having that dream for a week now, ever since Y/N left. She doesn't know what that dream of hers means and why it's like Endgame all over again, but this time it's happening to her in real life. She don't fucking know why or if she even want to know.

It's been a long and painful week without Y/N, without hearing anything from her or her team, and it's killing her. She couldn't even find the courage to tell Rose why Y/N isn't around, but she knows her daughter is a smart girl and she's got an idea. That's why she always asks her daughter is she's okay or something, she doesn't want Rose to suffer in silence like she does.

All she want is for Y/N to be okay, to come back to her and Rose. That's all she wants.

She loves Y/N.

Who was she kidding? She's always been in love with Y/N. She was just scared to admit it to herself. And it was her biggest regret, that she didn't get to tell Y/N her feelings.

She didn't even get to give Y/N her letters.

Yes, all along, Scarlett was writing letters for Y/N. She just never sent them for some reason that she now deeply regret.

She was torn and was fighting with herself, she forced herself to think that she doesn't feel anything for Y/N other than her neighbor, her friend. But she was only kidding herself, she was fooling herself for thinking like that.

She wished she just said what she feels, she wished she would've sent those letters because she doesn't mind the waiting, she doesn't care if she have to wait for the soldier to come home. And now, she might not have any chance to do all that.

Scarlett blinked and was brought back to reality when she heard her phone rang. She reached for it and saw Anastasia's name, she immediately tap the answer button.

"Ana?" She spoke.

"Scarlett," Anastasia spoke. "Y/N's team called and Y/N's..."