Chapter 11

-

-

"What do you mean?" Camilo raised an eyebrow, "I think Luisa should be the one to tell you." She raised her hand gesturing to her cousin before leaving the two alone.

Camilo turned to face his cousin staring her in the eyes, "Look, I know you're new to dating but you can't go around kissing Cecilia's cousin-"

"I didn't kiss her."

Luisa interrupted her younger cousin as she let out a sharp breath, "I know it's hard to believe but let me start from the beginning."

-

Luisa had asked for Araceli for a small chat. "What's up?", the taller female fidgeted with her hands. "I know about what happened to your family. I'm so sorry for your loss." Araceli forced a smile on her face, "It is unfortunate but I'm just happy to be with Cecilia and Marco again."

"I actually was hoping to talk about Cecilia." Araceli raised an eyebrow, "What about mi prima?"

Luisa let out a cough to clear her throat,  "Araceli, I was wondering if I could have your blessing to court her properly?"

Araceli's heart broke into millions of pieces, "No." She swiftly ran off. "Huh?! Why not?!"

"My little cousin doesn't swing that way." She spat in Luisa's face before a smirk was plastered on her face.

Vi Vi pushed a harsh wind onto Luisa causing her to trip and luckily caught herself on the wall.

-

"Nothing happened, she made up the part where we kissed."

Camilo's eyebrows softened as he pulled his older and taller cousin into a hug. "I'm sorry. I just assumed-"

"Don't worry, I'm just worried about Ceci."

"Luisa, I'll help you clear this up with her. Come on let's go to my room to make a plan."

-

"You knew Luisa was dating someone, why would you kiss her?" Marco questioned his cousin, "She came onto me!"

Araceli stood in front of Cecilia, "Ceci, what would your parents think of this? I mean seriously you dating the person, not mentioning a female, that your older cousin loves."

The entire house went silent as Cecilia clenched her fists, Marco watched closely anticipating this moment. She swung and punched Araceli in the face.

"I understand you're my cousin but I'm not going to let you into my home and take away the one person who makes me the happiest I could be!"

She pushed her cousin out of the way, leaving Marco to deal with the situation.

"Whats her deal? It's not my fault Luisa likes me-" Before Araceli could finish her sentence Marco slapped her across the face.

While all this was going on Cecilia ran out of her home to an open field close to the forest.
The moon was high and full as the light hit the earth.
"I was supposed to be getting a break from everything," She sighed as she stared up towards the moon.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

Cecilia felt a cool breeze as fireflies swarmed in the air.
Wild bunnies began to surround her ankles nibbling on the grass. "Conejito?" A familiar voice called out, "Peluche?"

Luisa stood next to her as Cecilia looked up at her, they were engulfed by the silence.

"I know you're upset, and you have all the right to be." Luisa sighed, "I just wanted to let you know what really happened."

Luisa then continued to explain the entire story.

"La voy a matar." Cecilia shouted as she looked up to Luisa as the moonlight shone down directly above the two.

"Luisa, I treasure you deeply but I can not accept your proposal to court me. We are both new to this so let's take it slow okay?"

She nodded as they stood in the moonlight catching gazes at one another.
-

-

"Are we okay again?"

"Of course, I wasn't mad at you. I trust you with everything." Cecilia reassured her before being picked up onto Luisa's shoulder.

"I don't wanna go back home." Cecilia groaned, "Who said you were going home? Marco can handle Araceli, you can stay at my place tonight."

"Really?!" Luisa nodded, "Mira is hosting a sleepover if you want to join?"

Cecilia thought about it for a moment, "Maybe tomorrow, tonight was already hectic enough."

"I get it, we could have our own little hangout."

Luisa felt a sudden heavy weight land on the top of her head,
"I'm sleepy."

"How much sleep did you get?"

"None." Luisa's eyes widened, "Let's get you to bed quickly then." She began to open her stride as Cecilia held tighter onto Luisa's head as they neared Casita.

"You head up, my door is unlocked. I'll let Mira and the others know what's going on conejito."

"Alright I'll try to wait for you upstairs."

Cecilia entered Luisa's room and was greeted by Willow. "Hi there mi amor!" She pet the puppies head as she picked her up and laid on Luisa's bed.

The boulders around her were glowing with golden lights, "Hey."

Camilo placed a tray of Tia Julieta's arepas, "Have a goodnight, don't stay up too late." He said with a wink, causing Cecilia to blush.

"Camilo leave Ceci alone, " Luisa stared at the two as she shoved her cousin out the room.

"Are you hungry?" Cecilia shook her head as she reached her arms out as Luisa picked her up by the arms.

The bed was soft as Luisa laid down as she held close allowing Cecilia to lay on her chest. The smaller female listened closely to Luisa's heartbeat as her eyes began to feel heavy and inevitably shut.

"Goodnight, mi amor." She placed a kissed on her forehead tightening her grip on Cecilia with Willow sleeping at the foot of the bed. She then dimmed the golden lights.

-