Our First Mission (Echo)

Prompt:
(Y/N) is tasked with assisting the Domino Squad on a Rishi Moon.

Not a Request ♥︎

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

For a first mission, this blows. Nothing ever happens on this God-forsaken Rishi moon, and you were trapped with the most unorthodox Clone squad you've ever seen. Five fellas, all insanely different from one another. Fives was the charismatic second-in-charge, his eyes dull with boredom. He wasn't even willing to crack a joke at his brothers, which was unorthodox for this already unorthodox Clone.
Hevy was their designated leader— the most mature and willing to fight. He carried a large, heavy machine gun (hence how he received his name), and he wasn't afraid to use it.
Droidbait was on guard duty tonight; his favourite job. The young Clone loved this Rishi moon, and he loved watching the stars twinkle while protecting the outpost.
Then there was Cutup, the sweet and silent one. He was a bit of a pushover to his other brothers in your eyes, but he knew when they were taking advantage and he'd put a stop to it.
Echo... your favourite of the battalion.

You couldn't really place why you liked Echo so much compared to the rest of the Domino Squad. Sure, he was optimistic and was a rule follower, but his personality was different. He seemed to legitimately care for you and the war against the droids. You could sense he cared about your safety quite a bit, and would even be unable to sleep when you had a battle the next day: he'd be fearful that you'd pass away in combat.  You couldn't think of any other Clone who was that impacted by their General's safety,

"Fives, toss me a water," you grumbled, swiveling around in circles on the crappy office chair that was in the outpost, "And please check on Droidbait. He should probably take a break. Echo and I can cover his shift."

Fives nodded and launched a water bottle across the room, and clicked his com to life, "Alright, Droidbait. The General and Echo are gonna take over your post."

No response.
"Droidbait?" Fives questioned again, every Clone getting up from his seat to figure out what was going on. Even your interests were piqued, "Droidbait, do you copy?"

Then, you sensed it. Something horrible and evil, and Droidbait is their target. You were fresh out of apprenticeship, so you still had a lot to learn even now, but you knew whatever source just killed Droidbait, it wasn't alive. No heart beat, so air coming into their lungs. It was a droid, and probably quite a few if ol' Droidbait was taken out that easily,

"Domino Squad, we have company," you said after a few moments, your hand immediately latching to your lightsaber, "Hevy, Fives and Cutup, you all stay here and guard the building while Echo and I attempt to give them a run for their money. Remember, your top priority isn't us: it's protecting or destroying this base if need be. The information inside these databases are too important to lose to the Separatists."

You could tell your little dysfunctional group of Clones didn't like this command, but no one argued. Immediately, Cutup began attempting to contact any Republic allies in the area, such as the Jedi Temple, but considering his angry demeanor, it's likely that the droids had cut off all communications. Motioning for Echo to follow you, you began down the halls. Your heart was beating insanely fast. This is your first mission without Obi-Wan Kenobi, your old Master, by your side, and it's already going badly.
Echo and yourself had reached the door. The Clone already had his blaster in hand,
"What's the plan?"