doug gets covid

*This book (and all of my books) are so behind I wanna cry 😭 I hope you guys understand and I apologize for delays. Please enjoy this chapter! Bree 💙

March 15th, 2022

"You what?" Kamala asks Doug as she walks around her desk, asking Doug to repeat what he just said.

"I have Covid, baby. I wasn't feeling the best at the garden event earlier so my staff gave me a Covid test. The rapid test showed I'm positive, I'm just waiting for the regular one to come in. But the rapids we use are pretty accurate." Doug says as Kamala gets upset.

"Oh my God! This can't be happening! This can't be happening right now." Kamala says as she tries to not cry.

Kamala knows many people who have has covid, including her sister and niece but she never thought any of them would get it because of how extreme they are about staying safe.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm going to be just fine. Try to not worry." Doug says to Kamala.

"H-H-How are we going to do this? I gotta work, I can't just stop doing things -" Kamala says before Doug interrupts her.

"Shh shh shh. Kam, calm down baby. Calm down. Deep breaths, deep breaths. Don't get all upset. You can't be stressed with Ivy growing inside of you and plus Devi. Devi needs you, more now especially since I'm down for the count for what is it now, ten day quarantine?" Doug says to Kamala, confused on the quarantine day count is now a days.

"Y-Y-Yeah I think it's five days if you are asymptomatic and ten if you are symptomatic." Kamala explains to Doug and Doug nods.

"H-H-How are we going to do this, Dougie? I have no idea how we will do this!" Kamala asks Doug as she tries to take deep breaths and calm herself down.

"We will just have to sleep in different bedrooms, that's all. Oh and no kissing or close contact, which will be super hard for us but it's okay we will survive. It's no big deal, baby. I'm going to be just fine. I'm vaccinated and healthy." Doug says to to Kamala.

"None of our other bedrooms in our house aren't really set up still, remember?" Kamala says playfully to Doug with a little giggle.

"Oh shoot, that's right. We really need to get that situated before we have to move in a few years." Doug says with a chuckle before he begins to cough.

"Oh, Dougie. I hate to hear you cough. You have symptoms now. I'm scared, what if I have it now?"
Kamala asks in worry, afraid she will get it and get sick.

Kamala isn't just worrying about herself, she is worried about her and Doug's son Devi and their unborn daughter Ivy.

"Well, you got covid tested today right?" Doug asks Kamala, wondering if she needed to be tested again.

"Yes, before I came into the office and it was negative." Kamala says to Doug and Doug sighs with much relief knowing she doesn't have it.

"Then you have nothing to worry about, baby. I'm sure you would have had it by now. I've probably had it for a few days and just didn't know." Doug says to Kamala.

"I'm just really scared about Devi. He isn't even vaccinated and that's all we need for him to get sick. Some kids get really sick, Dougie." Kamala says, getting panicky again.

"I know, I know. But I think he has antibodies because you got the first two shots while pregnant with him. And Ivy will be fine because you got a booster while pregnant with her. Please try to not worry, baby." Doug says to Kamala, reassuring her that the two loves of her life will be fine through this.

"Are you home now, Dougie?" Kamala asks Doug as she plays with her hair.

"Yeah, my agents rushed me home after the first test came back. I'm just sitting in the living room. I miss you already." Doug says to Kamala as he frowns, knowing he and Kamala won't be together for over a week.