Chapter Eleven

Short Chapter

Jungkook's POV

Taehyung and I have been dating for a week, and while our relationship is healthy, we keep it a secret. I have to admit, it kills me to see him act as if he is a stranger to me at school. However, he'd protect me against his fangirls who bother me all day. Not only do I have to deal with his fangirls, but also his fanboys. They'd say I'm not on Taehyung's level, or that someone like me shouldn't be around him. Tae would intervene and protect me, but he would never admit that we are dating. He'd tell them all kinds of nonsense or threaten to leave me alone. 

Was he serious about what he said? I mused to myself as I sighed deeply and continued on my way to the cafeteria. It doesn't matter; he meant it, and I'm simply overreacting.

"Stay away from him." A voice stunned me a little with what it said. I turn around to see who spoke, and it was one of Tae's ex-girlfriends. But the one who is standing in front of me, is Lee Eun-Woo, Taehyung's first girlfriend. I'm not going to lie, she's stunning. Her beautiful hazel eyes, red heart-shaped lips, and long wavy black hair reached her waist. She may appear and act like a kind person, but she is just like every other mean girl or insane ex you see in dramas. I mentally roll my eyes. I haven't even been with him the whole time in school. Well, we would give each other a quick kiss if we were alone. Also, we merely chatted and hung out at my place after school.

"What do you mean?" 

While glaring at me, she scoffs and crosses her arms. "I can tell by the way you stare at him, he doesn't like you. Just because he's now defending you does not mean that he likes you." No matter how much I wanted to pull her hair out, I would never lay a hand on a female. "I have better things to do than stand here and listen to your nonsense," I said, turning away from her and walking to the cafeteria.

...

Jimin was waiting for me when I got to the cafeteria. As soon as he noticed me, he came towards me with a big smile on his face.

"So? How's your relationship so far with the "bad boy" so far?" He asked as we grab our trays and get our food. "It's...alright." I replied in a hushed tone. As soon as we found a table, we sat down, Jimin was sitting next to me. His smile faded into a small frown. "Hah? What exactly do you mean by "alright"? "Has anything happened?" He inquired, concerned, and I simply replied with a small smile. "It's simply...," she says. I'm concerned that if he never tells the truth to everyone, you know, the fact that he's dating me. I don't want to come across as conceited, but what if he's still afraid to come out? I mean, I'm terrified, too, but I knew I had to come out. Though it's his decision, and I should accept that." I said after a big breath. "I'm hoping he still likes me, but what if he doesn't? What if he becomes tired of me?" Jimin takes my hand in his and grips it while smiling reassuringly. "I'm sure he will come out soon, just don't give it too much thought. I'm also confident that he's solely looking at you. Kook, you're worrying over nothing. Relax a little, I'm sure everything will work out." I offered him a genuine smile and rested my head on his shoulder. 

"Thank you, Jimin."

"It's nothing, I'm just doing my job."

 I'm not sure whether I'm lucky to have Jimin as a best buddy.

Little do they know, someone saw the entire event.

...

...

Jimin offered to walk me to my next lesson, but I declined because I was OK and he could be late. After what seemed like a lifetime of attempting to persuade Jimin that I was alright going to class alone, he pouts and finally surrenders and walks away, making me giggle a bit. He may be serious at times, but sometimes quirky and humorous. I groan and make my way to my classroom, which isn't far away.

As I was walking, I noticed Taehyung approaching me. As I was going to wave at him, I felt a smile building on my face. But as he glanced at me, his expression turned blank, and he walked by me and right to...Eun-Woo? Taehyung drapes his arm over her shoulders as she giggles. They both left as I was taken aback by what I had just witnessed. When Taehyung and I see one other, he normally waves or smiles. Is he trying to avoid me? And why is he in the company of Eun-Woo? What the hell is going on here? I was concerned, but I couldn't help but feel hurt and envious.

 What exactly is going on?