~24

Y/N POV:

I waited for my seven soulmates and we got seated at the dining area, where eight chairs surrounded a circular table.

For some reason, I felt Jimin's, Seokjin's and Taehyung's disheartened waves passing through me. Wow, they were still hung up on whoever was my favorite soulmate, huh?

But first, food.

As soon as we were settled, about eight waiters and waitresses arrived at our table with eight trays of plates full of food. My stomach growled at the sight. 

There was bibimbap being served as the main dish with an assortment of side dishes like kimchi, pickled onions, pickled radishes, and kelp noodle salad.

As soon as the waiters politely bowed and left, I didn't waste time and scooped up some of the bibimbap with my chopsticks. When it entered my mouth, I sighed in satisfaction and pleasure as the familiar flavor exploded in my tongue. I didn't know if it was because I hadn't eaten yet, but at the moment, I thought it was heavenly.

I hadn't realized everyone was staring at me when it got quiet.

Embarrassed, my eyes trailed to my plate.

"You must really like bibimbap, Y/N," Namjoon commented, smiling. "It's good to see you eating well."

I covered my hand with my mouth, remembering my manners. "Sorry, I was hungry."

Beside me, Taehyung gave me grilled fish. "That means you should eat more."

"You guys are spoiling me..." I blurted out. Nevertheless, I still took the grilled fish, still steaming hot, and took a bite out of it. Gosh, it was delicious.

"Don't worry, we don't mind," Hoseok assured me, digging into his own plate. "We enjoy spoiling our soulmates, so you better get used to it."

Wiping my mouth with a table napkin, I asked them. "So, did you guys find out what happened at the beach? Anything?"

For a brief moment, I could've sworn I noticed everyone tense a bit, but when I blinked, they were back to normal. "Um, I think it's best if we tell you when we're upstairs," Seokjin replied, not meeting my eyes.

I hoped they'd actually tell me what was wrong this time. I didn't exactly appreciate being kept in the dark all the time, especially in a matter that involves me. But this time, I understood if they didn't want anyone overhearing. The place was jam-packed. 

By the time we were finished, we were upstairs in Seokjin's room.

"Y/N... I think you should sit down..." Namjoon said, holding my arm gently and placing me on a chair. I complied. "Well... we think the government's behind this."

I nodded. "I had a feeling. Did you guys find any evidence?"

They nodded and I watched as Taehyung handed Namjoon what looked like a silver plate.

"This is what we found." He said, handing me the plate.

When my fingers closed around the plate, I finally saw the whole thing. I realized what it was.

My hands were now shaking, my heart hammering against my chest and panic filled my lungs.

My vision blurred altogether as voices and memories flooded in my brain.

I dropped the plate.

"Y/N?" Namjoon said, his figure and voice distorted as I lost myself to a flashback. 

"₩ⱧɆⱤɆ ɎØɄ ₲Øł₦₲, ⱧØ₦ɆɎ??" 

"ł Ⱨ₳VɆ ₮Ø ₲Ø. ₮ⱧɆ ₲ØVɆⱤ₦₥Ɇ₦₮ ₦ɆɆĐ₴ ₥Ɇ.."