chapter 90

It's Christmas morning and I wake up from the sound of Eva talking. I still have my eyes closed and I didn't move because I'm too tired right now.

"Dada I'm hungry" Eva speaks.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I hear Ryujin ask but in a whisper like, probably careful not to wake me up.

"Chocolate and chips?" Eva says unsure.

"Hmm" Ryujin, I hope she is pretending to think, "I don't think that's a breakfast meal but since it's Christmas, let's compromise with chocolate chip pancakes and hash browns?" Ryujin offers making me smile, internally.

"What's camprom eyes?" I hear Eva ask.

"It's like meeting you halfway? You wanted chocolate and chips but I can't give that to you so I offer you something that's kind of like what you asked for but not exactly. This way, you're not unhappy and I won't get in trouble by your mom" Ryujin laughs.

"Should we make mommy pancakes?"

"Do you think we should?" Ryujin ask instead of answering.

"Yes. She's sleeping so she probably wants food when she wakes up" I hear Eva cutely say.

"Then we should make mommy some pancakes" I feel movement from the bed and I'm guessing that's Eva and Ryujin getting off.

Once I hear the door closed, I open my eyes and sit up. I look at the door and chuckle to myself. Eva and Ryujin just bond together so naturally.

I look to Ervin's crib and he's still asleep.

It's been a couple of days since the incident with my aunt happened. My mom and dad would constantly show guilt in their faces when they see me. I hate it, sometimes I wish they didn't know about it so we can go back to normal but at the same time I'm glad they know.

My dad also cut ties with my aunt after he confronted her. I'm just glad I don't have to see her again. Honestly, I think this whole situation would have affected me a lot more if Ryujin wasn't around. I would have gone into my dark place in my head and who knows what I would do.

Ever since that day, Ryujin has been even more attentive. I don't know how that's even possible but that's somehow what I feel. Her and Eva has been bonding more so it will probably suck again when she goes back to the states.

A part of me can't wait to move there because as much as I love living in Canada, I want a fresh start in a place where I can live happily with Ryujin and my kids. She's giving me a glimpse of that happy family I've wanted since I was young.

Another part of me is thinking that this is too good to be true though. We're technically still in the beginning of our relationship so what if this is just all for show.

I immediately shake my head to stop thinking those thoughts. Ryujin wouldn't go through all this effort if she wasn't sincere or a good person. She would have started showing some signs of her true self, being around her this much so how she is now is most likely how she really is but then that leaves me to question, how is she single?

My thoughts comes to a hault when I hear the door open. Eva walks in and she frowns. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You're up. You're supposed to be sleeping" she tries to cross her arms but she just looks like she's hugging herself.

"I'm not allowed to be awake?" I ask.

"Not until we bring breakfast to you" She pouts.

Ryujin is standing behind her while holding a tray, smiling.

"She wanted to make you breakfast in bed and surprise you when you wake up" she chuckles.

"Oh I'm sorry. I can go back to sleep" I say to Eva.