TWENTY FIVE

WARNINGS: mentions of suicide and past trauma
SUMMER

The knight bus had dropped them off at the top of the gravel road, the two getting off, each holding their bags as they walked forward

The knight bus had dropped them off at the top of the gravel road, the two getting off, each holding their bags as they walked forward. The sun was starting to rise and she knew Remus would be up and in the backyard with a cup of tea, a book and a cigarette hanging from his lips, the smoke flying through the air.

She pushed herself forward dropping her bag by the front door and walking to the side gate, Ben hit on her heals as she fastened her movements. She ran around the back looking up at the chair on the porch finding it vacant.

"What are you doing in my backyard?" A women said, walking forward from the door.

"Your backyard? This is my dads house!" Lyndy had grown confused, her head turning to her brother as she did but he just shrugged.

"Not anymore, they moved. . ." Lyndy nodded slightly confused but nonetheless she turned around and started her trek back to the road, ". . . Are you Lyndy?" The women asked.

She turned her spot nodding her head, "they mentioned you, they said if you were to ever come here, go to the Potter's, it's not far, not far at all."

"Thank you Mrs."

Lyndy turned around a pip in her step as she grabbed her bag.

"Where's the Potter's?" Ben asked as he slung his bag over his shoulder and pushed himself forward.

"A few streets over, dads an I used to walk over all the time. And Remus, he'd pick wild flowers and make little crowns for daddy and I."

"This is going to be horrible, I hate walking!" Ben grumbled as he kicked the rocks beneath his feet."

"It's like twenty minutes; tops!"

"That's twenty minutes too long." He said dragging out the last word in an agitating voice which made Lyndy scowl at him.

"Lyndy — I never told anyone this because, well, dad and the type of friends I had but I'm—"he took a deep breath before spitting it out, "I'm gay."

Lyndy stopped to turn and look at him, "I know," she smiled at him her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Okay. . . You don't think anyone will mind?"

"Our dads our literally gay, if someone minded they'd be hypocritical."

Ben shrugged mumbling an agreement, "hey, how'd you know?"

"I have excellent gay-dar."

"I'll remember that," he smirked as they turned down the Potters street — yes, their street. Because Potter manor was surrounded by land; they had a forest, a lake, and a large seating area with a fire place in the middle.

"This is their house?" Ben asked, the girl nodded in response, "let's go around back and scare the shit out of them — I love scaring Uncle James, he screams like a little girl."