19

"Bro, Lari, one of your exes, is looking for you, man... You were with her just last week daw?"

Yes... Yes. That was right. Because I had been spending the past days seeing and apologizing to the people I hurt before. Surely, that sounded so wrong in Kierra's head. She immediately stood up and walked away.

"Bro, don't mention shit like that next time without context," I whispered to my friend with a glare before running so I could chase Kierra pero mas binilisan niya lang ang lakad niya nang mapansing hinahabol ko siya. 

"Ke! Huwag mo 'kong iwan!" At may isa pang sumunod. The one I kissed in the club before. She was easy to remember because she rejected me. Kissed me and suddenly left me like a dumbass. I... deeply fucking regretted that. 

I held Kierra's wrist when she was about to go to her car but the other woman stood in between us and threatened me. Hindi ko na maintindihan ang sinasabi niya sa sobrang bilis at dami. 

 "Kapag may ginawa ka sa pinsan ko, hindi kita patatahimikin kahit kailan! Guguluhin ko 'yong buhay mo at hahabulin kita hanggang sa maging pamilyado ka na! Naiintindihan mo, ha?!"

Tumango na lang ako. Hanggang sa pamilyado na 'ko, huh? Wala naman akong balak gumawa ng pamilya. Inirapan pa nga niya ako. 

"Are you mad at me?" I knew she was mad at me for making her wait... but I was assuming that that anger already faded away, that she just realized she didn't want to bother herself with my shit anymore, that she didn't care anymore. 

"Hindi. Bakit naman ako magagalit sa 'yo? May ginawa ka ba?" Okay, clearly, she was mad although she was saying she wasn't.

"I'm sorry I was late last time... When I arrived, you already left. You also weren't answering my texts and my calls. I even messaged you on Instagram, but you ignored me," I tried to explain, but it looked like she wasn't convinced. I really tried to contact her for days, apologizing, but she never returned any of my calls or messages. I was thinking that maybe she blocked me already. 

"So, bakit ka late?" That was what she wanted to know. 

"I..." I couldn't say it. Come on, Shan. It... It shouldn't be this hard. Just say it. You had a fight with your dad. "I had an emergency." 

I still couldn't do it. By now, I was thinking to myself that it should already be easier to open up about me and my dad not being on good terms, but I was afraid... because it looked like she had a nice family... that she wouldn't understand the gravity of that fight... or I was afraid that she will say that I shouldn't fight with my dad because he was still family to me. 

Would you understand if I told you? Would you not tell me to just 'make up' with him because he's still my dad? Would you?

"Anong klaseng emergency?" I couldn't talk. I couldn't answer. It... wasn't that easy all along. It did not become easier. The number of times I told the story never made it easier for me to tell it again. "No, you know what? Huwag mo nang sagutin. Kasalanan ko naman na nagpapaniwala ako sa mga pinagsasasabi mo. I completely forgot what type of man you are."