• 𝐂hapter 44

The next morning, When I walked out of my room and into Hope's, I found her doubled over by the toilet, eyes closed and lips pursed, looking fucking stunning even though her skin had that sick pasty just vomited sheen to it

I was by her side In an instant, holding her hair up and soothing her back with gentle strokes.

She lurched forward, her chest heaving frantically like she waited for another wave. When it didn't come, she got up, ignoring my presence as she flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink to wash up.

I just stood there and watched her clean up, but when it got really awkward for me, I spoke up. "Hope?"

Our eyes locked in the mirror. She stared at me for a couple more seconds and then looked away. "You shouldn't be in here, leave."

"I know you're still mad at me—"

"I'm not mad at you." She corrected.

"Yes I know, you're disappointed but I was a dick last night—"

"Glad you know." She cut me again and I tried hard not to let my frustration show because If there was any woman who had gotten on my nerves more than anyone else, it was Hope.

"I'll babysit the kids." Her eyes met mine full on. Fuck, the words were out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"You don't have to. I already called Lesley and—"

"No, I insist." Well shit. I needed to staple my mouth shut. "Cancel the plan with Lesley."

"There's no need, I'll—"

"I insist." I cut her again.

"You'd really do that?" She asked me, tilting her head to one side and crossing her arms just under her breasts.

It bunched up in the process. I didn't know if she had done that on purpose but my eyes lowered to it. For those tits, I'd do anything.

"Yeah," I shrugged. "I mean, how hard could it be?" I'll get a couple sleeping pills from the store and drug them if I have to.

She gave me an assessing look and then let out a long sigh. "I'll call Lesley right away." She circled around me to open the door but before she could walk out and into the bedroom, I held her hand, not sure what the hell I was supposed to say next.

She craned her neck to look at me, her eyes meeting mine.

"Does that mean you're not mad-disappointed anymore?"

She gave a forced nod and tried to break free but my hold was pretty strong. "If you really are, you'll let me shower with you."

She flustered. That was a good sign. I edged on. "And then after, I can show you just how sorry I am by taking you the way you like it."

"I'm not going to fall back into your arms this time Killian."

"Not if I tell you we can use those little toys you keep hidden in your drawer?"