Chapter 8

"Emily... Emily," Amity shook me awake, "you should get up now. Prince Ryan is coming soon to talk to us."

I sat up and took a deep breath.

Oh yeah. Prince Ryan is coming.

Prince... Ryan.

The Prince who kissed my cheek last night. I smiled.

"Alright," I sighed.

Amity was already half way ready. My maids helped her with her hair and makeup and Karen was going into her room to get a dress her maids made for her.

I slid into another long pink dress. (Pretty much the only color I wear.) This dress, however, had crossed fabric in the front, was tight in my middle, and silky the rest of the was down. The back was pretty much entirely open.
Chelsea was rushing to help two girls at one time, so I ended up putting in my own dangling earrings and applying my own lipgloss. She helped with the rest of my light makeup.

"Where's your other maid?" whispered Amity.

"I only have two." I responded.
She looked at me like I was witch. Yes, Amity, how dare they only give me two maids! I should leave the selection right now because of this awful torture.

I rolled my eyes.

"You girls look amazing!" My maids looked at their masterpieces.

"Normally we would lead you to breakfast, but if Prince Ryan is coming by soon..." Karen's voice trailed off.

Then a knock pounded on the door.

"Your majesty," my maids curtsied and walked out of the room.

Prince Ryan nodded at them. "Good morning, girls," he smiled, "all I know is Tes is okay and will be returning to Amity's side this afternoon. The guard who hit her, was fired. I guess they never got along anyways."

I was about to say something, but Amity piped up immediately.

"Um... About that. I don't think sending her back to me is necessary. If it is alright, I would like to go back home." She looked at the ground.

What?!
Amity...

"Oh, Amity..." He sighed, "very well. You can pack up and leave tomorrow morning. I apologize for everything."

"Amity, what..." I breathed.

She was my only friend her and she would be leaving. An ache filled my heart.

"I'm sorry." She left the room speed-walking .

Prince Ryan and I stood there.

"I should be going to breakfast now." I stared at him while I spoke.

It was awkward.

"Emily, wait," he caught my arm, "later this afternoon, I want to meet with you again. Can I stop by your room before you get ready for the dinner?"

Was he asking me on a date?

"Um.. Okay." I smiled and tucked some lose hairs behind my ear. It was up in a bun again.

I scampered off. Where am I going?

I just left a prince in my room.

Prince Ryan is like a hyper dog that needs a leash.

Jessica was walking in front of me, and as much as I didn't want to see her, I followed her into a dinning room anyways.

I sat down I'm between Jane and Florida.

Jane's beautiful red hair was short and straighten in front of her face. And Florida was short compared to the girls around her, but lovely at the same time.

"Mm! This food is incredible!" Florida smiled revealing her braces.

I looked over to Jane who sat in silence.

"I love your hair, Jane." I tried making a conversation, (even though I just totally ignored Florida) but it didn't work.

She smiled shyly. That's all.

After breakfast I decided to go into the ladies room to relax. Amity leaving still shook me.

Even the bathroom was gorgeous. Including me, four girls sat around the lounging area. Jessica , Hannah, Amelia, and me.

I sat down on an empty couch and picked up a magazine. I noticed Jessica staring at me from the corner of my eye but I decided to ignore it. That is, until she said something.

"Don't act all innocent, Emily. I saw you this morning." She snapped.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Prince Ryan was in your room! He was inches away from you! You seriously think you can have secret meetings with the Prince? That's just sad."

A few girls gasped and my heart started racing.

"Has he kissed you?" She snapped again.

I'm starting to believe she's a snapping turtle.

"Um... No."
"
Your lying!"

"No I'm not!"

"Did he?" Hannah joined in softly.

"No... Not on the lips. But he did kiss my cheek." I admitted shyly.

"Ugh." Jessica rolled her eyes.

Amelia sat there smiling. Glad to know she was enjoying this.

Jessica leaned toward me so no one else could hear her. "He would never in a million years love you, Emily. I mean look at you."

I was close on the edge of smacking her and crying.

"I hear you only have two maids. Is that true?" She said a bit more loudly.
I was done with her judgement. I got up and walked out.

I just want to see Amity.

EXTRA:
Sorry this is a pretty bad chapter. Lol I was rushing. SORRY. I promise the next chapter will be better! Anyways, please leave comments and stuff! I would love to read some of your stories too :-) just ask me!