8.

Pt. 2

London

After the night on the bridge, Vincent took Bella to his home. That's where she learned there was a lot more to his life than she ever could've guessed.

When Vince first brought her into the family's house, she was intimated. You can easily see how well off they were. She's never seen luxury like this...she was just a girl living on the streets of London.

Vincent was apart of a notorious Italian family, the Rossi's, a family that got their business done no matter the costs.

In fact, Vincent's father was head of the family.
She found out his name was Marco Rossi.

When Bella first met the older man, Marco was very wary of her, thinking she could've been putting up a front.

But still he agreed to let her stay, as his only son said he'd take her in as his responsibility.

And soon after, the man came to look at her as the daughter he never had...

*****

Throughout the first few months, Bella learned the dynamic of the family.

She was able to prove herself useful, as she knew every corner of the city. It was beneficial to the business to be able go in and out of places quickly and unseen.

She grew very close with Vince during this time.

In fact, he was the one who showed her how to actually use a gun and defend herself.

Bella can clearly remember him taking her to countryside, where he set up targets for her to learn. It was also the same day they shared their first kiss.

It didn't take long for the two to grow attached. And within months they had developed feelings for each other.

He never let her out of his sight, which she was grateful for. After her brother, Vincent become her new protector.

He not only taught her how to use a gun, he taught her how to defend herself with anything, even if she only had her hands. He never wanted it to come to that, but he had to make sure she was capable.

*****

Within two years, Bella was fully involved with the family business.

And she loved every minute of it.

Growing up she never would have guessed that she would be in love with an Italian gangster.

Although her anxiety never left, but her new lifestyle proved to be a good distraction.

What happened when she was in foster care always played heavily on her mind. Still taking control of her nerves at random points.

Vince was the only other person, besides her brother, that knew of what had happened with the priest.

He was also the one who taught her how to breathe through a panic attack. He said it was trick he learned from his own mother.

She was so thankful for him.

*****

One of her fondest memories, was when he took her to Italy. It was the year 1921, he had taken her for her birthday.

At the time, they had been together for almost 2 years.

She couldn't imagine her life without him.

And he couldn't imagine his life without her.