Chapter IV

The morning after

In the morning Angel was woken up by the harsh light coming from the window on the far end of the room. At first, she felt confusion and horrible pain in the head surrounding her as she couldn't recognize the bedroom and the hangover was killing her. But the familiar scent of sand and driftwood made the warmth appear in her chest, she could distinguish that alluring scent anywhere, simply because it belonged to a boy who stole her heart and became the only trusted person in her life a long time ago.

Little by little memories from last night were coming back to her and she felt so much embarrassment and shame from the way she acted, especially when she threw up in front of Eli.

Angel didn't want him to experience anything like that from her, she wanted him to always look at her with that soft and loving stare Eli seems to have whenever they're in each other's company and not see her as a broken girl with a broken family.

She began to feel painful jolts in her chest as if sharp arrows filled with shame and vulnerability were shot at her heart and it was almost unbearable for her to stay in that room anymore. She imagined herself to be a burden on a boy with a gold heart.

So, Angel got up rapidly disregarding the headache, found her phone and went straight to the front door.

All this while Eli was in the kitchen working around the stove and preparing breakfast for both of them, he heard the click of the door and without even checking he knew she was gone. Eli didn't even feel disappointed, just because he knew her too well and waited for this outcome.

But that morning Eli promised himself one thing, he would get his girl out of that house, no matter what obstacles may be on their way.