Ice!

Day 14, 3:10 pm, Mt. Everest

     Elton pursed for a moment to look a the view. They had been climbing for about 4 hours, so far so good. They had been lucky with he weather. Their sherpa guide Abhik said it was the best weather to climb in so they were off to a good start.

      They come to a slope of ice and need to get out their ice pikes and the ropes to climb it. " Alright, Abhik you go in front of me, then Colby, Jake, Clare, Sam, then Bee and Bowie. Everyone understand?"

      "You go it." Jake said, the rest nodded their heads.

      Elton pulled out his ice picks and went in turn as Abhik went ahead of him. Elton used the ice picks and the spikes on the front of his boots to climb along the icy slop. He began to climb, one foot at a time. He didn't dare to look behind him" Alway keep your eyes on where you're going." Clare had told him.

      Elton stuck his pick into the ice and suddenly was aware of slight rumbling on the ground. "Ice!" Abhik shouted.

      Elton looked up and saw Abhik getting out of the way of falling chunks of ice. Elton struggled to get out fo the way but his left boot was stuck. A chunk of ice flew and hit him in the chest, pushing him backwards. He began sliding down the slope, he tried to grab onto the rope but couldn't.

     "Elton!" Colby shouted. He tried to grab him but missed.

      Clare tried to catch Elton and ended getting pulled along with him. They both tumbled down the slope. Clare used her ice pick which was still in her hand and used it as a hand brake to slow her and Elton down until they came to stop.

       "Elton are you okay?' Clare asked getting off Elton who groaned and rolled over.

        "Is everyone o.k?" Abhik asked.

         "We're okay." Clare said giving them a thumbs up.

          Elton attempted to stand up but Clare made him sit." Look at me Elton, look at me." She repeated.

          "I'm fine, Clare.' Elton said.

            "Okay." Clare said giving Elton a quick hug." Don't do that to me, Elton. I need to make sure all of you stay safe and get home, alright?"

          "Okay, thank you."

          "Alright." Clare said getting up." I'm going to drop back with Bowie, he is struggling a bit."

         Elton nodded, getting back up and continuing to scale the slope. " You sure you're okay?" Sam asked behind him.

        "I'm good, Sam. Just a little shaken." Elton said. However he was more then a little shaken however. He could have died by falling off a cliff or breaking a bone if Clare hadn't saved him.

     A/N: Hello fellow writers and readers. This was a bit of shorter chapter but I hope you liked it. I'm trying to give all the characters each a moment to shine yet not be forgotten right after. This is my second writing a story with about 5 main characters in it and my first time was terrible so please don't mind if things get weird with character development.

Idunn-Frostfall