Chapter 34: No Time

" I don't have time to explain, but that's my aunt and that's your mom. She's been taking care of me ever since I can remember," I said super fast CiCi looked confused," But my mom abandoned me." Abandoned? As if. I took a swish back," Auntie A would never abandon her only daughter. She had to take care of me. Who have you been living with?" I asked," My dad, his name is John." I almost screamed," What?! Really?!" Ok, so I did. But no the point." I thought he was dead," " Of course he's not dead." CiCi said immediately in a protective tone." I thought my mom had abandoned me, yet here we are. Why would he lie to me?" We both asked the same question aloud. She stared at me as if piecing my face together with someone else," What?" I asked," You do resemble my mom in a weird way." It was my turn to be defensive," Weird way, what kind of weird way are you talking about? I'm far from weird looking." She shook her head," Nothing. This is so odd, and cool at the same time, the only fun thing that ever happens around here is when Mischief gets loose." She touched my face gently with her pointer finger," Who's Mischief?" She yanked her finger away," The boy you bumped into, remember? About four weeks ago? He had blue hair and the most bluest tail." Oh, she was talking about Kai," Why Mischief?" She shook her head," No reason, he just seems like he causes mischief and I don't know his name." " He causes something," I muttered under my breath. She looked at me while brushing her hand out of my hair," You have that look on your face. What does he cause you? Do you like him?" She said in a singsong tone. I felt myself blushing hard, I was probably as red as a beet." No! I mean, I don't think so. That's not the point right now, could you get me into Aguas room?" She looked at the palace," I'm off duty right now, but I'm done in 5 minutes. So tell me, how does he make you feel?" I scrunched up my face. Feel? Kai doesn't make me feel any way but safe and protected. Like an older brother would make you feel." Don't you want to know about your mom?" I asked confused," Don't you want to know about your uncle?" She questioned back. I smiled, while talking about Uncle John we made our way toward the palace," So what is he like? What does he smell like? Is he nice? Does he let you do what you want?" I couldn't stop the questions shooting out of my mouth. I was never able to meet Uncle John before he "died", or disappeared, so I was extremely curious. CiCi laughed," He is super nice, he technically lets me do what I want as long as I text him where and what I'm doing every hour, he smells like spices because he's the top chef in the palace, he's a great dad and overall my only friend." She looked at me pleadingly." Well, maybe, if your okay with being friends with a merperson five years younger than you, being my friend?" I asked, she smiled," Yes, I would like that very much." " So do you like anyone or ever think about your future with them in your dreams. I mean I'm not saying that from experience or anything but my, um, friend told me about it," I asked full of questions. I had never visited any family ever. I had never had someone to talk to like this." Well, there is this one boy, his name is Obsidian. And I get him, you know, we talk almost every day and he understands me. He's judged, he's judged because of his main color, black. His tail is pitch black, but his hair is like a jet black so it looks like a blue, ooh, and he's so poetic, look he writes me a poem every week." She pointed to her phone and she scrolled by a photo of him and a few messages." Wait! I saw that boy when I was swimming toward the palace! He did look really happy. Maybe it was because of you." I looked at her blushing madly," I guess so, oh, here it is. Read it. Aloud," I read the poem," I've never met a girl quite like you, so sweet, so pretty, you light up the night sky. I can't believe I'm saying this aloud but I like you, will you go out with me when the moon is high?" I looked below that and saw she had texted yes with a million exclamation marks." Good for you, CiCi!" I said," I've never been on a date before," I said. I didn't mention that I had been asked I just rejected the request. " Well, I mean you are still pretty young." I frowned," I'm not young." I whispered," Don't try to whisper around me, I can hear really well, up to 30 feet away as if that noise were right in my ears. Also, you are young." I frowned even more," Oh, look we're here." I said trying to change the subject. We swam inside and CiCi swam inside of the first door," I'll be back." She swam inside a room and I stood by the hall waiting. I heard her owing and metal clattering together. All of a sudden there were two strong hands on my shoulders pushing me against the wall," Agua?" I stared at him, confused." What are you-" he cut me off," Make a sound louder than a whisper and I'll hurt beyond measure." He said in a whisper. He glanced at the door and I was about to scream when Agua said," I said don't scream." I glare and whisper," Actually you said don't make a sound above a whisper." He glared back." You didn't say don't scream." He rolled his eyes," Stop searching for me. I know what your doing, stay away from me or things won't end well for you or your friends." I nodded because I noticed the knife behind his back," Zayana, you had your chance, you should have joined me when I asked the first five times." He put the knife at my throat," Where is it? Where's the necklace, the stone?" I shook my head incredibly confused," I don't know what your talking about." If we had legs I would have kneed him where it hurts most." Yes, you do, where is it?" He turned and looked at the door of the room CiCi had went in, I looked too. He loosened his grip and when I looked back, he was gone. I searched outside of the palace door then I looked inside. What did he mean necklace, what necklace? What stone was he talking about and why did he think I knew?