FORTY FIVE

Word Count: 1789

~Avia

Isaiah's fingers press gently into my jaw, turning my head around so he can examine my face.

Kit's hit has left a mark, which I've thankfully covered with makeup, although by the seething anger simmering in Isaiah's gaze, some of it is still visible. It's not good, considering it's Tai's wedding day to Elise, and important people will be present. But by the end of the ceremony, it won't matter.

"I'm going to kill him," Isaiah growls softly.

He looks handsome, dressed up as he is, looking the part he is meant to play. Today, it doesn't hurt to see him like this, knowing we are going to escape this life, that he is mine completely, and soon, him and I can be together with no interruption.

"Me too," I sigh, fighting the urge to touch the tender flesh of my cheek. It only stoke my anger, my desire for revenge that I will be granted today.

"I can't believe he would hit you." He shakes his head, dark brows furrow.

"It won't matter after today, right?" I say lightly, trying to remind of why we are still here, why we are still putting up with this. So much rides on today. Everything needs to go perfectly, otherwise we are doomed.

He tucks a piece of my hair behind my hair. "You're right. I just want him gone."

"And he will be."

"I'm going to make him suffer, for what he did to you, and my mother," he tells me firmly. I can see the confidence in him, his readiness for this. I've never seen him so sure of anything regarding his father, but I know Malin doesn't have to worry. Isaiah isn't going to change his mind last minute. He isn't going to have mercy on Kit.

I rest my hands on his chest, feeling the lavish fabric of his suit on my skin. "We just need to get through this wedding first, right?"

Everyone is in position, waiting to enact our plan.

"There a lot of the rebellion members in there, along with some of the important families," Isaiah reminds me. I nod. The rebellion members that are present will ensure no one will try to defend Kit when we kill him publicly. And the important families will be there to witness it, to know that change is coming to the Pack.

"We have to stop Malin from killing them," I say. I know she will be tempted to.

"Kae doesn't want anyone to die. She believes she has enough information to expose them, so that once Kit is gone, they will actively want to step down," Isaiah explains. That's a relief. Too many people have died as it is, I just have to hope Malin doesn't do anything to jeopardise this mission.

"Good, I prefer that," I say. "Now, have a good wedding."

I go to walk out the door, but Isaiah grabs my arm, turning me to face him again.

"Elise has been with the rebellion for a while now, and she truly believes in the cause. She knows as much as I do that this isn't real, and it never has been," he assures me. I sigh, nodding. It's like he can read my mind. I'm not jealous, but I trust Isaiah more than I trust Elise.

"I know. Now go, so we can get this over with," I say, leaning upward to kiss him on the cheek, before I rush out the room.

The wedding is held in the backyard, right near the gazebo that I've spent so much time in while living here. A lot of work seems to be put into the venue, fit for an Alpha and a Luna.

My stomach twists as I walk outside, and not just because of the overwhelming scent of the ivory flowers. Many people are already seated, flanking the aisle. I can see who are rebellion members and who are not, but the important families don't seem to take much notice, speaking to those next to them.