Chapter 22

Nya takes a deep breath and does the normal stretching out of her arms as she wakes from sleep. Her eyes creak open and once the blur clears itself away she recognizes her surroundings to be unfamiliar. There was a door where her dresser normally was, the paint was a slight creamer shade of white on the wall, and the smell... like musky vanilla. She turns from her side to her back and her confusion becomes disorientation. The image of Alpha Vince sleeping beside her takes shape. His abs and tattoos were on full display as he rested on his back with one hand behind his head.

Her eyes nearly pop out of her head. "What the..." She sits up, places her palm over her sudden slamming heart, and scans around in a panic. She was in his room, on his bed and she was sleeping beside him? In what universe did she wake?
There was movement of his body suddenly. His facial expression changed to discomfort as if loud music was unexpectedly blasted, but the only sound was her pounding heart.

Like the bed was lit into flames, she hops off and hugs herself.

He opens his eyes and they narrow to her.

There was a moment when time seemed to freeze. She should run, escape this crazy reality but that wasn't her first instinct. "What am I doing here?"

He sits himself up nonchalantly and picks up his phone from the nightstand, looks at the time, and sets it back down. "You tell me." What are you doing here, Nya?"

Her brows connect. She looks down at herself and scans around the room again. Did she sleepwalk into his bed? No no... She wouldn't do that. Would she? "I..." She mumbles hesitantly. "I came in here last night?"

"How else do you think this happened?"

"Don't lie, please. Tell the truth... I sleepwalked last night and maybe... you kept me in here to keep an eye on me?"

He subtly shakes his head. "Nope."

This was so embarrassing. Why would she sleepwalk into his bed? "I didn't mean to." She curls hair behind her ear. "I don't know how... I could have..." She begins backing away and sprints to the door before he could respond.

She goes into her room and the bathroom grabs her toothbrush and toothpaste, runs it under water, and starts brushing her teeth. She didn't know why she would do something like that? What was going on with her? She looks at herself in the mirror. "What's wrong with you?" This is her sister's mate. This is the alpha. "And you're sleepwalking into his bed?" She points the toothbrush at herself. It was then that she noticed how flushed she was, and that there was a red mark under her jaw that looked to be healing. What did she do last night?" Her gut was telling her something went down. She wouldn't just go into his bed. She knew herself, sleepwalking or not. It's not adding up. She rinses her mouth and gets dressed, pulling on jean shorts,  a v-neck top and leaving her hair loose before going into the kitchen.

Vince was already in there with a mug to his lips as he leaned against the island. His gaze finds her over the rim.

"Good morning." She goes to the cabinet and takes out a container of cereal.

He clears his throat in response.

He didn't have to say a word, she established what his subtle sound meant. They had already seen each other this morning and she was acting like it didn't happen. "Would you like a bowl?

He shakes his head.

She knew he wouldn't, but she didn't know small talk. To the point then. "Do you know... I mean... What happened last night?" She grabs a spoon, bowl, and milk from the fridge. "I mean, how did I..."

"What do you think happened?" He goes to the table and takes a seat. He was looking too comfortable suddenly and it was making her uncomfortable.

"I don't know. I don't remember anything." She pours the ice-cold milk over the cereal and joins him, but on the other angle farthest away.