chapter one.

⋆ ★ ALREADY GONE ━━━ CHAPTER ONE 

( THE NAKED MAN ON MY FLOOR ) , a hard day's night.

៚ ......... ˁᱸᲲᱸˀ ............ ༄

JAMIE WAS SCREWED. And as person - as a surgeon - you either have what it takes to play the game, or you don't. The blonde's mother was one of the great, big-chick surgeons of her time. Her daughter was, in more literal terms, screwed.

The blonde awoke on her mother's old, dusty couch with a pounding headache. Not a great way to start the day, she thought. Drinking excessively before an early-morning shift was not a regular for Jamie, but the girl needed a night out before her big day with the one thing she dreaded most in the world - people. More specifically, interns.

Again, she was screwed - literally.

Blinking her eyes open, her optics adjusting to the light as she felt the uncomfortable fabric of the couch beneath her, making her cringe to herself. Then noticing a man on the floor, his bottom half covered in only a blanket. Cursing to herself slightly and taking the blanket for herself, Jamie needed to get him out before her sister awoke and came down the stairs.

Stubbing her toe on the leg of the couch, muttering, "Shit," woke the strange man up on the floor. The man awoke with a grunt as the blonde collected her clothes that were scattered throughout the room, making her way away from the situation at hand. She was good at that - running away from her problems.

Handing Jamie her black bra by his face, he mumbled, "This is, uh..."

"...humiliating," She finished his sentence for him. "Yep, on so many levels. You need to leave." She didn't bother explaining the situation or why there were literal piles of boxes everywhere, she was just hoping he would listen and get the hell out.

But of course, Jamie overestimated the male population once more. "Why don't you just come back down here and we'll pick up where we left off." He smirked, rubbing a tired hand through his morning, tousled hair.

Jamie forced a laugh, setting the male's watch down on the couch and grabbed one of her many cartons of cigarettes that were lying about the house. "As much fun as that sounds, I have somewhere to be - and I'm late - which isn't where I wanna be if I wanna keep my job right now."

Standing up and throwing on the red shirt he had on last night, he asked, "So, uh, you actually live here?" And Jamie had to admit, he had an amazing body for what she assumed was an older-than-her man.

"No," The blonde shook her head, before correcting herself with a puff of her cigarette. "Well, kind of. It's complicated."

"It's nice. A little dusty. Odd, but it's nice." He smiled, now sliding his jeans on, tying it off with his belt. "So, how do you kind of live here?"

"Well, I just moved back from another job and it's my mother's house. Me and my sister are thinking of selling it."

"Oh, I'm sorry,"