Chapter 38 (RR)

Riley's POV

Tuesday morning.
The second week of courting and the 8th day after Rye told me he likes me too.

We are now heading to my classroom. Of course, ryerye is with me. He is talking to me about going to the mansion again later, but I have no plans of coming with him. I like him, but as much as possible, I need to avoid sir Ira for now. If my grandfather finds out that I met him again, he will trouble me by pushing his order.

"Baby, are you listening?" Rye asked. He keeps calling me that even if we are not boyfriends yet.

I sent the photo of the roses Rye sent me last night in our GC, and they were all so proud of Rye. They said Rye only give flowers to Elaine whenever there are occasions, and it's never that big. Maybe because he knows I love counting the flowers he is sending, the meaning is much more important to me.

"Yes." I am blushing even if he isn't saying anything lovey-dovey to me.
Just standing with this handsome man makes my heart beats crazily.
"And don't ask Cyrus to watch me. I am not leaving today if that's what you're worried about."

"I am not asking him to watch over you. He just loves that spot." He looked at the innocent guy. "Right, Cyrus?"

"Yes, sir." The poor guy replied.

Out of many places, he really chose the spot in front of my room to be his favorite place? 😏

Cyrus is tall and handsome. That's all in my head. I told you I like seeing attractive boys. If I could collect them and put them in my display section, I would really do it. It's relaxing.
The most handsome one is beside me, though.

Don't get me wrong. I like Rye not just because of his looks. Because if that's my basis, I would be dating Ace already. Aside from Rye, he was the best suitor ever. I was just 15 at that time while he was 18. He was a famous BL actor when he asked to court me. Just two weeks and I asked him to stop. I don't feel the spark unlike with Rye. I don't like my boyfriend kissing any guy too even if it's acting. Others will be okay with it, but not me.

During that time, I already have an eye for Rye, but I know I don't have a tiny chance on him. Well, that's an old story. What important is he likes me now and I like him more.

"See you at lunch and focus on your class. Take notes so we can study together on the weekend."
Rye reminded me.
Focus on class?
Every morning, I always say that to myself. Look what happened to me.

The class started, and the evil in my head is whispering to me again, asking me to sleep.

"Hey, Maru!"

"Later, bijj." Maru is pretending to listen in the boring discussion.

He raised a hand. "Sir, how about Pareto, Fisher and Marshall?"

"Right." The professor replied.

So, Maru is really listening? Wow!

"Who the fuck are those people?" I asked Maru. "Famous actors?"

"We are in Economics class, Ri. Why would we talk about actors?"
Why is he so annoyed?

"So, who are they?"

"Riley!!! Listen, okay?"
He moved to the seat in front.

Boring.

How can you call yourself my friend after leaving me here?

I looked at my classmate on my left.
"I am busy, Ri."

As if I have a plan to talk to you?

I pulled my insulated tumbler out of my bag and had a sip.