27 | solitary souls

"I'LL HANDLE HIM." said Y/n, seeing Endeavor attempting to raise himself only to slump back onto the ground. "It's just a little matchstick."

Dabi chuckled, his foot tapping against the floor as he marched towards them. "Come on. I'm just here to collect the Nomu. Besides, there's no way that I could actually win against the famous Iron woman and the top dudes already beaten up and bloodied, right?"

Even when he ran towards their way, Y/n didn't engage. Instead, she found it ridiculous that he had challenged them. Looking at the conditions, the villain had a slim chance of defeating her, seeing that his quirk was futile against the armor, and Y/n doubt if he could even beat her in hand-to-hand combat.

The young teen raised her arm in preparation to launch her repulsor beams when a figure landed on the ground in front of her with a loud bang.

"I saw the news and came hopping!" a feminine, raspy voice yelled. Y/n instantly knew who it was. "You three don't get all the fun and you, you're with the League? Your butt's about to get kicked!"

"Mirko? Too bad. Right when things were getting heated." Dabi said, black liquid pouring out of his mouth, which Y/n immediately recognized. "Bye, for now, Mr. Number one hero. I'm sure we'll get another chance to talk, but until then..."

The ink substance had surrounded him and the young genius knew it was far too late to capture him now.

"Just keep doing your thing and don't go dying on me, 'kay?! Enji Todoroki!"

"It's too late, the moment he spat that liquid." Y/n inquired a little too late for Mirko already lounged herself towards the villain for a kick.

The bunny hero held her knee in pain, cursing, before turning her head towards the teen. "That's how they got away in Kamino too, right? Didn't the same thing happen to you?"

Y/n nodded her head in response. "Are you okay?" asked the winged hero.

"I'm fine," Y/n replied. "I barely contributed anything."

"Aw, don't say that!" Mirko exclaimed, a huge grin on her tanned face. "Look at you, my carrot, already doing pro hero stuff! I've never been so proud of another human in my entire existence!"

"Wow." said Hawks, flatly.

From the perspective of others, it was weird that a woman wearing a friendly shining grin with white bunny ears was spouting proud compliments like a mother to her child, at a robotic figure with furrowed glowing eyepieces that was way too tall compared to her.

"Thank you." said Y/n, placing a hand over her neck despite her suit.

"Anyways, that league really grinds my gears! Always so sneaky, right?!" Mirko exclaimed, way too delightful. "I'm off to search for 'em!"

Just like that, she hopped off to who knows where. Y/n turned and marched towards the other two pro heroes. Her figure blocked the rays of sunshine and her shadow cast over the number one pro hero that could not stand.

Endeavor raised his head. His eyes landed on the famous mask that represented her other persona, Ironwoman. The sunlight behind her bounced off on the dark red and golden vibranium plates of her suit of armor which loomed over him.

Their conversation earlier resurfaced in his mind. The light behind Y/n was so bright it would've blinded him if it weren't for her figure blocking the sunlight. However, the light that seeped behind her did not seem to come from the sun, but from her. Y/n beamed with light — a different kind — which bespoke her worth, and as a man somewhat linked with light, she's rendered him sightless, as if mocking him. Y/n held out a hand towards him, unintentionally further tarnishing his stained ego.