❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

The crystal waters were something that one would have trouble diverting their attention from once it caught their gaze. The way the clear hue of blue would look as if glitter were spilled in it as the sun gleamed off its surface was enchanting, fish swimming back and forth as they moved through to get from one unknown destination to the next.

Smaller schools of fish avoided the larger ones, while the larger ones avoided the largest being in the water— who was far from an aquatic creature.

Feeling the cold water seep into their nose brought an overwhelmingly painful feeling as their lungs began to fill with water. The sensation of overbearing pain and no longer being able to inhale oxygen made their eyes snap open, and all they could see was water and ragged rocks on the rivers floor.

Meanwhile, a small girl threw the hoodie off from her head as she removed it from the heat-stroke like sensation it was giving her, revealing her short silver hair. The hair fluttered slightly within the warm breeze, something that wasn't welcome as it only made her scrunch up her face in disgust.

Bending her knees, the girl crouched down at the side of the river bank, cupping her hands to pick up some of the water before splashing it against her face to cool her down.

She was asked to investigate something and was just returning from her mission, and on her way to her destination, she had to suffer from the overbearing heat all while stubbornly refusing to remove her hood.

Suddenly hearing the sound of what can only be described as gurgling, she froze and stared at the water in front of her, cautious as she noticed the outline of something big.

"GAH!" Gasping desperately for a breath of air, (Y/N) clutched at their throat as they coughed violently while trying to get some oxygen into their body, too absorbed in their own panic to notice the girl with large pink curious eyes looking at them.

"Mx (Y/N)?"

Hearing the voice, they coughed once more before snapping their head in the girls direction, staring questionably as their blurred vision began to refocus. Their eyes honed in on the figure that was crouched down in their trajectory, and as they squinted, the scenery became clearer and clearer.

"SAYU!?" (Y/N) shouted in surprise, seeing the girl who they've met overseas on multiple occasions right in front of them.

Sayu stood up and nodded before lazily smiling down at them, throwing her hood back over her head as she did so.

She extended her hand outwards while leaning over, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand that was moved to rub at their eyes that was tarnished by river water before helping them up so they could get out of there.

After (Y/N) gave their thanks and sent a giant smile over to the younger girl that they hadn't seen since the Halloween party, they grabbed at portions of their clothing and began to wring it, water seeping from their clothes and dropping onto the grass as they attempted to dry it as much as possible.

"How're you here— no, why?" Sayu asked while looking them up and down to make sure her eyes weren't playing tricks on her.

They looked the same as she remembered and it relived her— since over the course of time since she heard the news of their disappearance, pessimistic thoughts had plagued her mind. They were notorious for getting themself in trouble and she didn't delude herself as everyone else did and simply assumed the worst, though she did hold onto the lingering hope that they were okay.

(Y/N) dropped the fabric in their hand and rubbed their wet hands together in order to regain warmth in them. They had to have been in that river for over an hour, maybe even longer, but the last thing they remembered was escaping from the Tenryou commission after they slipped in and drifted away.