PLEADING

RAJKUMARI CHITRA

"Maharaj please I don't want to marry him." I pleaded him which earned me a tight slap in return. "I didn't raise you and your worthless sisters for nothing. You are gonna be with him as his wife or mistress or whore I don't care. You better be ready." He said and went back to his palace. Leaving me behind in tears. I am quoted as epitome of beauty and virtue. But it is my biggest curse along with my sisters. We are too pretty that entire Bharatvarsha is waiting for a chance to court us. But our fate is worest than that of a beggar. From childhood onwards we are treated as things not people.

We are a wager things that to be used for their selfish gain. Our ancestors had a foolish dream to conquer Devgiri the land of great Marathas where bravery and valour flows in their blood. Their kuldevi is Turja Bhavani for them every female is goddess. Let it be their sisters, mother, wife or daughters. They can be officials, ministers, militia and merchants. They have no restrictions. They are treated as equal a counterpart of male. But in Dalpatdargh..... They are not allowed to room outside without their spouse. They are considered as lower than the dirt we walk upon.

We were taught different arts only to be sold. Yes, he sold us. Me and my other four sisters are sold to some old geezers who already have many wives, mistresses, children and grandchildren maybe older than us. For military power. Yes milita and money. So that our flag can unflare on the fort of Devgiri. It's a sick joke. We won't ......he can never win against them. If he even conquered the fort the only thing waiting there for them would be blood, ashes and dead corpses. They will die a thousand death before turning over their pride.

One of my old maid was from Devgiri. She use to tell me about their kingdom. It was a fantasy land for a ten year old girl like me. The womenfolk are given equal rights is something right out of fantasy for me. We can never win. Even if they do. I don't think any of my brothers or Maharaj will be alive to rule us. The Yurani of there's is known as goddess of war in entire Bharatvarsha or as my maids said. "Didi. Why are you crying ?" My five year old sister Manvika asked me. I wiped out my tears. "Nothing Manu. Some dust particles entered my eyes." I said as she came closer and hugged me and cried in my embrace. "Didi do we really have to leave ?" My 12 year old sister Revati asked me.

Before I can speak. Maya Maharaj's favourite concubine said. "Yes, you little pieces of shit have to leave." She lifted me by my hair I whimpered at pain. "If you think you can compete with my daughter then get it through your thick head. You and your sisters will die thousand death before that." I nodded as she thrown me back on ground. "Get lost you useless sluts. And go do your chores. If I found anyone slacking off you will die bitter death." I nodded before running off to Mitra's chambers. Maya's daughter. "What took to you so long. You whore." Mitra yelled at me kicking at my stomach. I whimpered at pain. Clunching my stomach. This mother and daughter duo had made our life hell. If we tried to disobey any of their wish or order we are thrown in kalkothari (dungeons). Due to their courtesy it has became like our second home. They never leave a chance to humiliate us especially me. They beat us, they curse us, they call us words.

Both Mitra and me are same age sixteen but our conditions are like sky and ground. From childhood I am her personal torture bag. They can whip me, beat me. No one utter a single word. I can't digest the perverted stares her elder brother give me. "Rajkumari. She is not worthy enough of your attention." Her head maid Gayatri said. Giving me a small smile. I entire Dalpatdargh she is the only one who treat me and my sisters kindly. "Give her more chores today Gayatri." She smirked before going out of there. Gayatri helped me stand on my feets. "I went to plead Maharaj to have mercy." I said as she looked questioningly to my bruised cheeks. "A royalty like you shouldn't beg. It's your right." She mumbled but I heard her clearly. I shook my head.

"When will they attack ?" I asked in hushed voice as I and Gayatri went to our chambers. It decorated with gold and pink curtains and carpets. We are like dolls with a fake face. Everything is fake here. The smiles, the tears, the pride, the royality, the pomp and grandeur. Even the people are fake. They change their colours more frequent than the chameleon. My mother died in childbirth. I never got the chance to see her. I took care of my younger half sisters till now but I am thinking our end is never. I will kill myself before any of my sisters got sold. "Next week the battle will start." She said with a smile.

I can't understand that smile it is too complicated. Like there is a hidden meaning in it. It says a lot than her experience. "Everything will be fine Rajkumari." She said as she blown out the candles of my chambers. The cold wind from desert area is now very cool. In the cold of night my mind busied itself in finding impossible plans to save my sisters. I hope atleast Devgiri conquer our fort atleast our kingdom will have a chance to flourish, to see a new sunrise, to see the beginning of new era.

Hey lovelies,
                 This is my new book called "A Tale Of Love'. It is a spin off from my other story "A Tale Of Vengeance". But if be read as a standalone but I prefer you read starting chapters of the book for better understanding. And if you are interested in mystery/thiller my other book "Chase" is also published.

Welcome on the journey of

A TALE OF LOVE

Devgiri is located in present day Maharashtra and Karnataka. Dalpatdargh lies in between Gujarat and Thar desert. Alwar lies in Madhya Pradesh, Orissa and Rajasthan. Hind Kush lies in present day Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh. Kamboj lies in present day Himachal Pradesh. And Purvanchal lies in North eastern Indian states.