Celebrating Your Birthday

REQUESTED BYakitaninjager and Musicstyle16

A/N: Welp, it's officially my birthday again. I hope you enjoy despite how monotonous some of these might seem!

Also a note: if you have abusive/neglectful/no family, imagine your closest loved ones in their place.

--

Tanjiro:

Your boyfriend wakes you up with a beaming smile and your favorite breakfast in bed, before he announces that you're going to visit your family, and that Zenitsu and the others will be meeting you both there. Your excitement is visible - it's been so long since you've been able to go home that you've been quite homesick as of late.

The moment you get there your parents are hugging you tight, fretting over you and how much they've missed you. You're ushered inside, where a proper birthday celebration has been set up - and a few of the other slayers have come too.

You enjoy a nice afternoon with them, and when evening comes Nezuko comes out of her box with a small wrapped present (Tanjiro helped her wrap it) in her hands. You haven't felt this happy in a while, and you end your evening pressing a kiss to your boyfriend's cheeks, thanking him for setting it up.

Nezuko:

You wake up early for your birthday, but to your confusion the curtains are drawn, blocking out the sun. Then you notice that Nezuko has crawled into bed with you and was sleeping deeply.

You decide not to wake her and carefully get up, but the second you make for your wardrobe she wakes anyway. She brightens up when she realizes what day it is and scampers up to give you a tight hug, happy hums coming from her throat as she goes to the kitchen.

When you come out, having dressed for the day, you're surprised to see that every curtain has been drawn - and Nezuko is standing at the table triumphantly with your favorite breakfast on the table.

For the rest of the day you relax at home hanging out with her, your heart full-up on happiness.

Zenitsu:

Did you really think he would let you forget the fact that it's your birthday?

Zenitsu wakes you bright and early with your favorite breakfast and a sing-song happy birthday to you, and once you've dressed he tells you of his plans to take you out all day.

He keeps to his word, taking you out to the nearby town for shopping and walking around doing whatever else you want. You both eat lunch in a fancy teahouse he got a reservation for (seriously, how did he get the money to do that??) and you end the day stargazing on the back porch, wearing one of your latest purchases.

Despite how aggressively he celebrated with you, you can't help but feel fond as you rest your head on his shoulder.

Inosuke:

Inosuke doesn't have much experience with relationships, so when you get lots of congratulations from the others on another year of life, he's confused for a moment before he realizes. He tells you that you'll be hanging out with him today, much to Tanjiro's amusement (and Zenitsu's annoyance).

The two of you end up picnicking in a relatively-sunny clearing of the forest, the best of your combined cooking efforts spread out around you.