23.

New York

Y/N

I was out in a cab looking at the streets of Queens. I was all set to leave tomorrow after handling business as far as my mother and go back to Atlanta. I made it to my hotel getting a notification that the GRC headquarters was evacuating. My phone then rung as Sam was trying to call me and I answered. "What exactly are you doing right now?" Sam asked. "Why is the GRC Chamber evacuating?" I questioned.

"Karli gassed building as they were having a meeting about voting for global resettlement" I heard Bucky add. "Are we on three way?" I asked. "Yeah it was confusing at first but I got it" Bucky assured as I smiled and shook my head. "That's good" i assured in a small laugh. " I'm on my way to the city now" I said before hanging up and going back outside getting a Lyft.
I finally made it to the city as there was hella traffic and everyone was everywhere. "You can drop me off here" i said to the driver before getting out of the car. My phone vibrated notifying me i rode with Lyft. I gave the man five stars before calling Sam. It dialed and continued to dial as I knew he wasn't going to answer so I stopped.

My phone then started vibrating in my hand as I seen Bucky trying to call. I immediately answered getting through everyone but not being abled to get through the barricaded area where officers stood and officer cars were blocking off.  "hello?" I answered "yeah where are you?" He asked. "I'm here trying to get in the building but can't because of the officers" I answered. "Okay" he said hanging up as I just looked at the phone confused getting ready to call him back but I heard his voice. "Y/N" he said as I looked at him. He just looked at me " well don't you look nice" he complimented with a bit of sarcasm in his voice as I looked down at my outfit.

 He just looked at me " well don't you look nice" he complimented with a bit of sarcasm in his voice as I looked down at my outfit

"Yeah you guys really didn't give me time to change, now did you?" I asked sarcastically as he chuckled. "Come on" he said nodding his head towards the entrance as I hurried and walked beside him. "I didn't think she would go this far" I admitted. "Neither did I" he admitted as we started walking towards a group of officers. "Sargent Barnes" they greeted clearing the way for us.

"Sargent Barnes" I said as he looked over at me and we shared a smile

"Sargent Barnes" I said as he looked over at me and we shared a smile. We continued to walk as Sharon caught up with us and Bucky started speaking in his ear piece to Sam. "Unfortunately" Bucky said then looked over at Sharon as we all continued walking. A woman then handed Bucky a phone.
"Get everyone who hasn't evacuated yet out" Bucky said to me as I nodded and he placed the phone to his ear.

I did as told getting everyone who hasn't evacuated out as someone gave me an ear piece. I placed in my ear confused "hello?" I asked. "Y/N you got everyone out?!" I heard Bucky ask. "Yeah" I answered. "Okay now go back out the building" Sam instructed as I just walked out the building. "You know how to ride a motorcycle?" Sam asked. "Sam why would I know how to ride this?" I asked looking over at it. "Don't worry about it I got her" Bucky assured as I turned seeing him walk up to me.

"Go stand with the officers until I get back" Bucky said to me. "Wait I thought-" I started off. "You did exactly what I wanted you to do. I'm not going to have you fight super soldiers" he said. "Why not? She fought them before" we heard Sam say in the ear piece. "You worry about flying and I worry about what's going on down here" Bucky responded to Sam before getting on the motorcycle.

He then looked over at me "I'm not about to have her take on something when she doesn't have too" Bucky said as I just faintly smiled."Damsel in distress right?" He asked starting the motorcycle and causing me to smile harder. He then took out his ear piece for a moment. "Go stand over there and be in distress until I come back" he said nodding his head by the ambulances as I just continued to smile. "And what happens when you come back?" I asked. "Whatever a damsel in distress does once they're saved" he said as we shared a smile and he placed his ear piece in his ear before driving off.

I just stood there smiling to myself as I felt my phone vibrate and I seen Tiffany trying to call. I immediately answered as she was on the other side of the phone panicking. "Y/N I can't reach Sam are you all okay?" She asked. "Yeah everyone's okay Tiff-" I started off. "Is that Tiffany?!" I heard Sam say in my ear piece. "Yes it's Tiffany" I answered. "Who is that?!" Tiffany started off. "Is that Sam?" She questioned. "Ask tiffany where she's at" Sam instructed. "Ask Sam where he's at?" Tiffany said through my phone as I just straight faced the situation.

"James I'm not feeling very damsel in distress like" I said as he chuckled. "Sam stop talking and just have Tiffany meet you where you're at Y/N and wait there" Bucky instructed. "Tiff do you see the group of ambulances that's blocked off by the police cars?" I asked. "Yeah" she answered. "Okay That's where I'm at" I said. "Okay that's fine now how am I supposed to get through?" She questioned as I walked through the paramedics grabbing Tiffany's arm walking her around the barricades as we walked back over to the Ambulances.

Tiffany looked me up and down then smiled big "I was handling business and they called me down here" I corrected. "Oh I just thought you were dressing up for someone" She said taking shots. "Shut up" I playfully said as we shared a laugh. We stood there for about a half an hour before I felt a hand on my lower back seeing Bucky come beside me. "Your head is bleeding" I started off unraveling my arms from them being crossed looking at his bruise. "I'm fine" he assured moving my hand. "But you're bleeding from the head" I said trying to look at it. "I'm okay it's a scratch" he assured.

We just smiled at each other as Tiffany spoke up. "Hey Bucky where's Sam?" Tiffany asked looking between Bucky and his hand on my back. "Uh" he started off and quickly took his hands away as Bucky explained to Tiffany where Sam was. Sam then appeared from the sky with Karli in his arms as the paramedics immediately brought a stretcher and laid her on it.
They then placed a black covering over her body letting us know she was dead. I just looked down at my feet. I didn't think she deserved to die yeah she caused all of this but killing a little girl I don't know. She had the right intentions but how she carried it out was wrong but all anyone sees is the wrongs not the reason for why she's doing what she's doing.

Sam started talking to the news reporter as a camera crew was in his face. We were listening to his speech as all I could do was smile. He finished walking towards us as Tiffany ran to him and jumped on him as he chuckled and kissed her lips. "Ew" I simply said hearing Bucky scoff as he looked away from them. Sam placed her back down on her feet as I smiled "My captain America!" I hyped as we hugged each other. "I'm so proud of you two" I admitted looking between Bucky and Sam.

"Steve would be so proud" I assured hugging them both. Tiffany smiled big and kissed Sam's cheek. I stopped and pulled tiffany back as Sam and Bucky walked ahead of us.
"Let them have their moment" i said as we watched Bucky and Sam talk and smile.

I just smiled as tiffany looked over at me and she smiled at me. "What?" I asked in a small laugh as she shook her head and hugged me causing me to smile and hug her back.