Shall Be Granted The Power To Make A Change

I had hid in an alley, a solid mile away from my family's house. Sitting against a wall about 2 feet off the ground. Trying to catch my breath and relax as the adrenaline rides out of my system right now. The full scope of my actions suddenly dawning on me.

Those men...I killed them, viciously...I even attacked one that was trying to run for his life... The thought crossed my mind. The images flooding my head, the crunching from the first man's femur. The ease that his skull crumbled under the pressure of my knee. How it was cathartic...seeing the terror in the second man's eyes as I dropped onto him and impaled him onto the railing.

No no! I can't find something good in that! That's death! Murder! That's fucked up if I feel good about it! I said, snapping myself to the present. Reminding myself about what came of it. My mom is dead...aunt May is dead... uncle Ben...is dead. My heartbeat slowed down back to a stable level. Police cars driving by in droves, heading to my former home. I heard the sound of a cape above, looking up and a red blur flying overhead in the same direction.

Homelander... My blood nearly ran cold, as I climbed down the wall of the alley. Running in the exact opposite direction of where they're going once the wave of cars stopped. My thoughts going a mile a minute, as I tried to think of an alternative. A way to try and think my way out of this. There wasn't much I could think of, so my only plan was just to keep running.

"Keep running Parker... you'll be killed if you don't stop running!" I cried to myself, continuing to run through the crowded streets of New York.

I kept running until the next morning, stopping by an electronics and heading inside. Going up to the television and watching the news on it, which was discussing the massacre that had occured the previous night. Half of which I caused in my outburst.

"Last night, police were contacted by Benjamin Franklin Parker with reports of a burglary. When the police arrived, they witnessed a scene out of a movie. A mysterious individual, obscured by darkness killing many of the Parker family. Ben, Mary and May Parker were found either inside or around the premises of their home. Three other individuals were found close to the scene, we warn you now. The images we are about to show from the scene are disturbing," Cameron Coleman reported, the images shifting to that of the mutilated men. I turned my head away, seeing a spider biting into a mosquito it had caught in its web and got an idea...an interesting idea. Recalling the words my uncle Ben told me when we watched 12 Angry Men.

Great Power requires a Great Responsibility to use that power effectively. I told myself. Looking at my hands, I realized what I needed to do. I have these powers...I need to use these powers effectively...so what other way to do so then to...do what they couldn't? I heard the voice of Homelander, turning to face the TV once more. He was talking about how the incident was unfortunate, how Peter Parker was missing and probably also lost in this attack by the mysterious individual.

They clearly didn't see my face...good. I thought to myself as I walked out of the electronics shop. Heading to a goodwill store, using some of the little bit of money I had left to purchase enough materials to make a rudimentary costume. Heading into a pharmacy next and buying a supply of random medicines and chemicals, remembering the chemical composition of the spider silk from those years ago when I went with my father to his work.

Now to get some parts to make an apparatus...I thought to myself as I went to an industrial scrap yard. Perfect, some of the pieces in there have to still be intact enough for what I have planned. I looked around, putting on some aspects of my future costume. A pair of one way mirror steampunk goggles with mesh lenses and a solid red bandana to completely obscure my face. I ran up and leapt clean over the fence, landing in the scrap yard and getting acquaintanted to my surroundings.

I'll need....flexible piping...and some air tanks....and a pump...and solenoid valves. Definitely going to need those valves. I mentally listed off, lifting and tossing heaps of scrap metal. One by one, I found the pieces I needed to and began building my contraption. Hours went by, each piece being connected and tested and reconnected and retested until the contraption was complete. An apparatus that allows me to mimic the one power that I don't have. The spider's natural ability to generate the super strong silk. Of course, right now I only have 1 liter going to each arm right now. Since those were the only tanks I could find. Mechanical triggers linked to my palms, that are activated through precise pressure between my ring and middle fingers.

Now to actually assemble my new costume. A red long sleeved shirt with blue jeans and overalls, brown leather elbow and kneepads with fingerless gloves. Finally, black shoes with red socks that went up past my knee. The shoes are firm enough to give impact to my kicks, but thin enough to allow my setules to poke through the sole to let me use my powers. I grabbed a black can of spray paint, shaking it and spraying it onto the center of the red shirt. Making a painted on spider emblem on the chest. Waiting for the paint to dry, I began working with the chemicals I bought at the pharmacy. Pouring everything into the tanks in equal proportions, shaking and mixing everything together inside of them. Eventually, after a viscosity test I had my first batch of web solution. I was watching the sun slowly set, as I hooked up the air pump to one tank to pressurize it enough to keep pressure consistent for the whole tank. Doing the same for the other tank as well.

The paint has fully dried, so I'm getting the costume on. Putting on the shirt, the pads and the pants. Looping the apparatus through and connecting everything in place. Soon enough, I donned the bandana to obscure the lower half of my face and the goggles to obscure the rest of my face. I ran over to the gate, leaping clean over the fence and climbing the wall to the nearby building. Running and taking another leap, I crossed the gap from one building to the next. Pressing my device's left hand trigger, I saw the white viscous stream of web solution fire from the nozzle.

Attaching to the building, he put his weight into freefall. Letting the web hold and swing me as a pendulum across the city. People looking up in surprise at my sudden form. I latched onto the nearby building and waved down to the public, before climbing up to the roof and jumping and swinging to the next building. I could hear some people talking down below, muttering about what they just saw. The term that started getting thrown around was "spider man" and I liked the sound of it.

"Spider...Man...hm. spider...man. Spider-Man. Yeah, I'm Spider-Man," I muttered with a smile under my bandana as I kept traversing the city. A test of my equipment being a smashing success.