Ch17: Worries...

"There's going to be a new Hashira today?"

            "Namu-Amidabutsu.... Yes, I heard it's a new wind pillar ..." Gyomei said watching as the girl sewed his ripped happi back together.

            Y/n had been living with Gyomei for a week now, it was quite nice, and they enjoyed each other's company. She was frustrated though since she still had to wait another week to start crow training again, they had decided to move the training to the master's mansion until the new estate for her was rebuilt. She wanted to do it at her brother's estate but, not surprisingly, he had refused.

Gyomei was worried about her a lot. She was more quiet than usual as she was usually a bit chattier with him than anyone else, she didn't eat a lot, and her whole mood seemed off. When she arrived at the estate the young Rengoku had to describe what they saw as the young girl didn't want to talk about it. At some times she'd space out and it take awhile to get her attention.

The two now sat on Gyomei's engawa. Sitting next to each other the giant sat crisscross apple sauce and the girl was kneeling.

            "You are talented in many ways...you have truly grown Y/n-San... Namu-Amidabutsu" He cried softly, rubbing his prayer beads.

            "I'm not that talented, you and Oniichan definitely surpass me in many ways." She smiled softly.

            "I must disagree Namu-Amidabutsu...ask any crow."

            The girl gave him a side smile before continuing her work on his overcoat, occasionally biting her lips. Gyomei stared at her, and although he didn't show it, he was worried about her. It took him almost everything in his power not to ask any questions.

            "You should come to the meeting today."

            "Gyomei-San..."

            "Namu-Amidabutsu...Your brother has just strayed off his path a bit, once he sees you all will be better."

            "You seem not to understand my brother as much as you understand me Gyomei-San."

            He was silent.

            "Oniichan has a complicated personality, it hard to see what he really wants or thinks. I love him of course I do...I just don't think he loves me back."

            Her e/c eyes widened a bit as she felt a big hand on top of her head.

            "Your brother Namu-Amidabutsu... could never hate you Namu-Amidabutsu...he loves you too much. Trust me if I could truly see." He smiled softly, "I'm sure that when he looks at you all I would see is love in his eyes."