Incognito

(Yeon's POV)

My lips curved around the cancer stick, as my ex called it, and dragged the last puff before tossing it in a nearby bin.

I pulled myself off the wall and started making my way inside the building. The elevator doors opened revealing Hyejin in a very unusual style than what she normally wears.

She had an oversized black sweater, flesh cargo pants, white sneakers, and a bucket hat in her hand.

Smiling at her, I stepped to the side and made space for her to pass.

"Let's go," she uttered walking ahead.

I silently followed behind her, tucking my hands in the pockets of my pants.

She placed the bucket hat on, which was big enough to hide almost half of her face.

"You seem to be in incognito mode," I chuckled.

She looked up at me under the huge flaps of her hat.

"I don't want to hear it today, Yeon," she sighed, opening the car door and slipping into the backseat.

Cranky.

There were a couple of fans who noticed her, but kept a distance and discreetly snapped a photo.

As I got in, she let out a huge sigh and scooted lower in her seat, trying to conceal herself despite having full tinted windows.

She tapped on her phone and took a quick photo of the sky.

"Lovely day today," she uttered to herself as she scrolled through her phone, a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

I looked at her through the rearview mirror as I drove into the busy street. Her face was hidden as she looked down at her phone.

"My mom used to tell me to never waste a beautiful day like this," I shared.

She shifted in her seat, looking out the window and resting her chin on her palm.

"Yeah?" She replied as her eyes gazed through the scenery. "Well... I never got to spend a lot of time with my mom."

I cleared my throat trying to think of a way to lighten up the mood.

A light bulb lit up in my head as I remembered that she has the rest of the day free after she meets with the CEO.

I shifted the gear and turned to the opposite direction where we would pass on the way to her apartment complex.

"Yeon, I'm not sure if the heat fried your brain, but my apartment was the other way," she complained.

I chuckled at her statement, "You gotta catch up on getting your brain fried."

She turned to me and I could feel her gaze at the back of my head.

"You think you're funny?"

My eyes met with hers through the rearview mirror as I grinned.

"Just trust me."

(Hyejin's POV)

"Ha! I won!" He cheered.

"No fair!!!" I yelled as I slammed my hand on the Cannonball Blast machine.

His laugh competed with the loud music around the carnival. He placed his hand on top of my head and ruffled my hair through my bucket hat.

I pushed his hand off and looked around quickly spotting a food cart.

He followed my gaze and went towards it, with me following behind like a little kid.