chapter eleven: jealousy

Astrid p.o.v

I hate that kid he acts all cocky, rude and disrespectful he walks around like he knows this place and has wormed his way into the dragon riders, hiccup says that dryden is a great new member because of his understanding of the unknown lands and how he may know where to go to find an island, to me that's a dumb excuse to allow him on the team he doesn't add anything to the team even his dragon is just toothless, but to make things worse dryden was wearing some of hiccups clothing as hiccup wanted his armour and under garments to be cleaned and so he gave him some spare cloths and of course a spare leg.

We were all sitting at our usual table in the mess hall I was very upset because dryden was at our table, dryden sat opposite me with the two twins and snotlout next to him while me, hiccup and fishlegs sat on the other side watching dryden gobble down food like he wasn't going to live tomorrow, fishlegs was focused on his dragon book while hiccup helped fishlegs log down angel.

"Well ... We came here to ask questions about angel so let's go with what's her dragon species name?" Hiccup asked as Dryden picked up a leg of a chicken "I don't know .... Didn't really give her species a name" he said before taking a bite, "how about ghost dragon!" Tuff nut shouted out his name idea "no white beast Its better" ruff nut shouted at her twin, they both stood up and faced eachother "that's a stupid name ghost dragon is better" tuff nut replied and suddenly they were headbutting eachother.

"Oh shut up you idiots ... I found the dragon I'll name angels species" dryden said everyone was looking at him in anticipation apart from me, "I'm going with the light fury ... She's clearly a sub species of toothless so light fury" he announced I rolled my eyes because of his obvious choice of name, "ok so it's a light fury and definitely In the striker class" fishlegs said as he scribbled down the name that Dryden just made and then placed what class she was.

"Oh while you and hiccup were getting cloths I was able to measure your dragon and I was surprised to see she's a little bit longer and taller then toothless" fishlegs said but dryden wasn't surprised  "well I believe she's older then toothless not by much maybe two years but still she's older" dryden explained, "I don't see why you guys are so interested into him ... His dragon could never beat hookfang" snotlout stated crossing his arms, "for once I can agree with snotlout" I couldn't believe I agreed with him but I did.

"I'd like too see hookfang try because on my island angel is the dominant dragon so she's dominated monstrous nightmares bigger then hookfang" dryden said with his normal smug smile forming on his face "forget this I'm done with you ... Your an annoying brat who acts like he's better then everyone" I stated as I stood up and left, I walked towards the large door when I heard someone chasing after me but I didn't stop I continued to leave.

Once I was outside I was finally stopped by hiccup "hey what's wrong? Why are you hating dryden so much?" Hiccup asked pulling my arm back to turn me around, "because he's a jerk he hates me and his dragon hates me even more ... And ... And some how in all the years I have known you he has somehow gotten closer to you then I have and he has only been here for two days" I shouted as i paced up and down the path Infront of the large doors.

"Well I'm just trying to get him accustomed to this place ... And he has known me since I was a child all because he disappeared doesn't mean our friend ship did" hiccup argued grabbing my arm and pulling me to face him "Astrid I will always see you as a friend ... I never want to lose you ... But please don't ruin our friendship because I'm rebuilding one with him" hiccup sounded desperate and when I looked into his eyes I saw something new something he would never give to dryden ... I ... Saw ... Love.

Dryden p.o.v

I don't get what's wrong with Astrid she hates me and my dragon I know she thinks my dragon is aggressive but that's not her fault that Astrid tried to kill me, but still there's a chance she likes hiccup and if so then go ahead I don't like hiccup in that way and even if I did vikings don't really like those types of people anyways and what is hiccup ... Yep a Viking.

I decided that I didn't want to eat anymore so I stood up "wait ... Didn't hiccup say you can't leave without help because of your foot" fishlegs said but I shrugged before I slowly limped to the large door, I opened it and found hiccup and Astrid hugging "oh hey did I interrupt something?" I asked shocking both of them "dryden you know you can't just walk around you could fall and injure yourself" hiccup said and he was about to rush over and help me.

"No ... No I need to learn how to walk again ... If you keep helping me then I'll never learn ... Plus you seam to be getting comfortable with your girlfriend" I joked with hiccup who went bright red "we are just friends" they both said and I realized that even Astrid was blushing slightly "for now" I said walking past them but my cocky attitude soon fell as I did, my right foot wasn't correctly placed and so when I went to move my left leg my right leg came out from under me.

I lifted my arms outwards as a reaction from falling but I was surprised when I stopped falling, at first I thought it was hiccup but when I slowly got lifted up I realized it was, I looked over my shoulder and saw the adorable face of angel looking at me "I thought you was with the others" I said to angel crossing my arms she hummed to me which made me laugh "don't hum that tickles" I turned to look at hiccup and Astrid who both seamed to find this very entertaining.

"Angel put me down now before you will ruin hiccups cloths" I stated "your spit is hard to wash out remember" she hummed again before slowly lowering me down to the ground, "thank you now I will be going down to the dragon training arena to prepare to leave in about half an hour if you want to find an island to stay on then meet me there ... Also I'll be retreaving my armour" I stated as I limped away with angel next to me.