}•{ Happy hugs.

~•} C H A P T E R|20 {•~

Naina could feel the sudden lump that formed in her throat due to the high emotions she was feeling right now seeing the man in front of her, her husband, her Aadarsh

He was blankly staring at the dark sky with his dark eyes which seemed lifeless. The half-burnt cigarette lying on the ground, crushed under his bare feet as he simply stared ahead at nothing particularly.

Almost if he wasn't even in his senses.

Naina's lips parted slightly in shock. Her forehead creased as she felt worried seeing the half-burnt cigarette.

It wasn't good for his health.

Not at all!

Nor had she seen him drinking or smoking before for which she was glad.

It might feel good in movies but in real life, all these were the things she looked down upon. She detested these with her whole being.

But right now instead of disgust like she would have felt, she felt her heartache for him.

She knew he did it to numb the emotions he might had felt seeing the news of his beloved brother performing adultery.

How much she disliked Aakarsh, yet she couldn't help but accept the fact that he was the closest to Aadarsh just like she was to Raina.

Their bond was different... something else.

It was hurting her from inside seeing the man she loved like this.

He looked lost.

Almost as if he didn't have any purpose in his life anymore.

Slowly she walked towards him. Her footsteps were soft and silent.

This time she didn't call him out but simply stood behind him wrapping his arms across his torso from the back.

She felt him get stiff all of a sudden but remained motionless, smiling slightly to herself she leaned her head on his back.

"I know you're here because you wanted space. You wanted to be alone but I have given you enough space Aadarsh. Still, your condition has worsened I see. You are more lost than yesterday. I don't want you to talk to me and tell me what is bothering you but remember," She exhaled softly before continuing.

"Remember that I will always be with you in your tough times, I will always be here if you want to let put whatever you feel. Remember that all this ain't your fault Aadarsh. You aren't responsible for Aakarsh's deeds. You are a great brother." She finished with sternness on her tone she didn't know she could ever use.

She parted away from him not before squeezing his shoulder and planting a kiss on it.

Just when she turned to go back, he turned and held her wrist.