Mission

Author: be warned, graphic details and mention of blood.

———

FEW HOURS LATER

Y/N walked inside the dark and eerie tunnel, careful with each step. Her gun pointed at every corner, the flashlight on. Her heartbeat is going wild against her chest, she feels like she's walking through a rope and with one wrong step, she'll fall to her death. And it's also just only a matter of time before she will know if she'll succeed or not.

She took a deep breath and get her back on the wall once she reached the end, she just needs to enter the prison cell and look around. She peek and saw three people guarding. One at the entrance of the prison cell and the other two are inside.

Y/N hide behind the wall, she sling her weapon and shouldered it because she won't use it for now. It will draw attention, and this is a rescue mission, in and out. And it's now or never, she's been planning this for one whole week, she can't fuck this up now.

She fished out her pistol and put the silencer on. Good thing that the man guarding the entrance is sloppy and have his back on her, she took this opportunity to silently went behind him and to the side where she cannot be seen inside. She pointed the gun at his head, "Be quiet and open the gate." She whispered with so much authority in her voice.

The man's eyes widened, he was about to look but stopped when the tip of the cold gun touches the side of his head.

"Don't look and open the gate, do it quietly and don't look suspicious." Y/N said.

The man nodded repeatedly and did what he was told. As soon as he opened the gate, Y/N hide her gun and fished out her knife, then she slit his throat, she covered his mouth to stop his protest and when he went limp, Y/N dragged him to the side and left him there. She wiped the knife in her pants, and took the keys from the dead man. She peeked inside, she have to be extra careful from now on or else she'll be spotted and hell will break loose, and that cannot happen.

Not now, not when she's doing this alone and she's desperate to go home. She's been camping this area to know that there's enough men here that can kill her. So, she needs to be extremely careful.

She sneaked inside and ducked down and she hid behind the wall. She put back her knife and take out her pistol, she took a sharp breath and moved out. She was easily spotted but before they can get their gun and fired at her, she did it first, shooting them on their heads.

By now, her heart is going wild as fuck. And it's so wild that she can hear them and it's starting to hurt. She punched her chest two times before taking two deep breaths. She's never been this nervous doing a mission.

Y/N opened the prison cell using the keys that she got from the dead man at the entrance and opened the metal door. She stepped inside and her heart literally stopped beating for a second before it went crazy again.

The person she'll be rescuing is there alright, standing while tied up with metal chains. He looked dirty and he looked heavily injured. He's not even awake and he's just dangling there.

But that wasn't the reason why her heart is hammering against her chest, no. It's because she missed one more guard inside.

"Drop your gun!" The guard shouted, pointing his own gun to Y/N.

"Okay, okay." Y/N whispered, calm. She dropped her gun and slowly stood back up, hands in the air. "We can—"

She was cut off when the man pulled the trigger two times, hitting Y/N's chest and Y/N gasped loudly as she fell onto the dirty and cold floor.