Chapter 8 - A Letter To 'The Idiot Twin'

To:

Sherly Holmes

The Idiot Twin

----------------------------------------

Hey 'Sherly'

I promised you that I'd address the letter to you. I also promised that the letter will be addressed to Sherly Holmes, the idiot twin. So, here you are. As promised. My first letter to you.

And quite probably the last.

I'm just kidding, brother 'dear'. When will you and Myrcroft stop calling each other 'brother dear?' It's a really odd thing that SCREAMS 'I'm calling you brother 'dear' because I hate you and I can't do anything about it.' I'm sure Mycroft's giving you a hard time. I'm sorry I couldn't be there to shout at to shove off or something, but I'm sure you'll be fine. You always are. You know why? 'Cause I taught you those qualities, honey. Anyway, tell Mum and Dad that I'm fine. In fact, I've been here for half a day, no, quarter of a day, and I'm already having a BLAST.

I've got 7 really cool friends, and I share my dormitory with 3 of them. Now, let me give you short intro on these people, shall I?

So, there's Lily Evans, a super- cool, super- kind, redhead. I'm sure you'd love her. She wouldn't even judge you, Mr.- I'm- a- sociopath.

And then there's Marlene McKinnon. She's a sassy boss, and she likes to sleep, just like me.

Then there's Alice Fortescue. She's super- chill, and laid back. Her dad's in the ice- cream business. Oh, and she likes blue daisies.

Up next is Remus Lupin. He's this weird nerdy boy. He loves Hobbit, and he's got animal scars over her face and over his back too, I expect. I'm still figuring him out.

And then there's James Potter. He's a dramatic spoiled idiot with a kind heart and he's already fallen for Lily. Lily hates him :)

After James is Sirius. Sirius Black. It's like he's named after an adjective, really. His vocabulary consists of a lot of 'mate' and 'no, I'm Sirius, not you' (a reply to 'I'm serious'). He's an over dramatic idiot. But at the train today, I noticed that his arm had a bruise right below the hem of the shirt. It was like he was being abused or something, I'm not sure. So that one's also on figuring out too.

And let's not forget Peter Pettigrew. I don't know much about him, except he's a shy bloke, and he could be the gossip queen of the school.

So, that's all I've got for Mum, Dad and Mycroft this time. Now, let's talk, heart-to-heart, brother. That means that you're NOT telling anyone about whatever I've written after this point.

So, today I found out that ghosts are real. Like, they exist in this school. There's Nearly Headless Nick, Bloody Baron, The Grey Lady, The Fat Friar. The list goes on. Also, there's a poltergeist here. His name's Peeves. I made an alliance with him. He's my new prank buddy. I'm sure you're proud of me. In fact, you should be crying tears of joy right now. Oh also, I got sorted into Gryffindor house, the house of the bold and daring.  I was looking forward to being in Ravenclaw, but well.. not everything goes the way we want it to, does it?

Loads of love,

The Smarter Twin

Eva Holmes

P.S. Feed Artemis a few crackers, please. Otherwise she'll probably bite you.

Eva put the letter into the envelope that said 'To Sherly Holmes, the Idiot Twin' and kept it away neatly to take it to the Owlery the next morning to give it to Artemis. She looked up at Lily, who had just finished writing too, and gave her a big smile before walking up to the dorms to go to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, I hope you liked this chapter.