Live feeds & weather warning

Day 21, 9:59 pm, Mt. Everest

Video recording

Colby held up his go-pro so that it was facing him. The audience could see Sam, Elton, Corey, Clara and Bowie behind him.

"What's up guys." Colby said." We have left camp 2 and are continuing to climb the mountain. It's going to take us about 10 hours to get to camp 3. SO hope you guys are all ready for another long day of trekking.'Colby said dressing his friends who were behind him."

"I'm already feeling a little tired." Corey said.

Colby chuckled and took a breath out of his oxygen."Sorry about that fans, keeping up with oxygen up here is super important. Apparently most deaths on this mountain happen by lack of oxygen."

"Good thing (deep breath) we brought a lot." Sam said.

Colby showed the audience a bit more of the landscape before the scene transition to Sam's go-pro.

"Hey guys. We just noticed something a little out of the ordinary on the side of the road a little ahead of us. I'm not sure if you can see it." Sam adjusted the go-pro in a attempt to allow the audience to see what they were seeing. " We should be able to see it better soon. Sorry if I sound really out of breath. As Colby mentioned earlier there isn't much air up here."

Sam kept the camera on for the short walk until they came up to what the odd peach of terrain was. "Hey Colby can you see what it is?" Sam asked.

"I still can't tell." Colby said." Hey Corey can you see what it is?"

"Let take a better look.'Corey said who was in front of Colby. Corey moved a little over to the side. Elton who was in front of Corey made a grimaced. All the colour drained from Corey's face, his mouth opened but before he could scream Elton put his hand over Corey's mouth.

"Are you crazy?' Elton said.'Scream and you could bring the mountains down on us."

"Hey what's going on?" Colby asked.

"Oh looks like we found something bad." Sam said addressing the audience."Corey seems rattled."

"Oh shoot." Colby said putting his hand over his mouth.

"What is is? Oh! Bro!" Sam exclaimed, sifting the camera away so the audience wouldn't see what they were looking at. " Oh man, is he alive?" Sam asked.

"Should we show the audience?" Colby asked.

"Uuuhhh yeah I guess unless we want they to trash talk us for a year." Sam said, he turned the go-pro around. One the screen it should the limp body of a climber. His face grey and in a twisted smile.

"Oh gosh." Bowie groaned from behind Sam.

"Keep going." Abhik said."He did a while ago. Nothing we can do."

"Probably for the best." Colby said." If the dude was alive, our expedition would probably be over. Well that's all for now, we'll tune back in once we get to base 3"

Video end

Colby switched off the go-pro he had been going over a few of their live feeds before going o sleep. But after the first video he decided he need to sleep nestled, he was exhausted form today's trek. They had been climbing for a weeks now and they were very close to getting to the peak. Bowie had told him it regularly takes 10 weeks for people to get to the top but thanks tot he excellent weather there were able to move faster and would get the top earlier then they expected.

Sam came into the tent, everyone had to sleep with a partner. With two people in tent, it kept things warmer.

" Hey Sam, how is Bowie and Corey doing?" Colby asked.

" Better." Sam said zipping up the tent." Corey will be good as new tomorrow with a good nights sleep. Bowie will be a bit slow but he tough, he'll manage."

Colby chuckled" Where you able to use the radio to call Katrina?"

"Umm, no. Base 1 continued get in contact with her." Sam said, getting into his sleeping bag. " I don't really have anything to tell her. I am sure she wouldn't want to hear about Elton's accident or that dead body we found a few days ago"

"You didn't tell her yet?" Colby laughed turning one to face Sam.

"No! I can't tell her. She'll freak out and then I'll freak out and-"

"Don't worry, man. I understand." Colby said, lightly punching Sam's sh. After the experience Bee told them about the infamous "Green Boots" climber. After the story Colby and his friends were glad they didn't take the North East Ridge Route where the body could be seen.

"Better get some sleep." Colby said " More climbing tomorrow."

"Right, goodnight bro." Sam said.

" Night." Colby rolled over to the side. He hugged his chest to keep warm, as much as he finding the experience exciting, he still missed his warm home in the US.

* * *

Day 24, 10:00 pm, Base Camp

Anthea Fisher rubbed her hands in worry. She had just got word that a storm was expected on the south west ridge of the mountain.

"Are there any climbers up there?" She asked her assistant, Lincoln Baxter.

"Hopefully we may not have anyone up there eat the moment." He said looking though a book of notes of all the climbing groups. " Oh no, wait. We may have a group up there."

"Which one?" Anthea asked.

"It looks like group 9." Lincoln said.

"Oh goodness, the young YouTube group?"

"Yeah.." Lincoln sighed, the situation was looking pretty bad. A bunch of inexperienced climbers were going to come in contact with a sudden storm that they had no idea was coming.

"Try and call them up." Anthea said.

Lincoln went over to the radio transmitter and turned it on"Group 9 this is base camp over?" He asked into the intercom. " Group 9 this is base camp over?"

   A/N: One of my longer chapters. I hope you enjoyed it. The tension is brewing, looks like we have a story coming literally. Comment who your favourite character is so far please. I would really like to know!

Idunn-Frostfall