File: Together

Nothing was said for a moment as Luke and Percy faced each other. An immense feeling fell over the clearing, silencing anyone that approached. The son of Poseidon was boiling with rage even as his expression remained blank. He didn't know what to think, what to even say to Luke. Was he even Luke or was that Kronos? If it was Kronos, what was the titan playing at? Did he think because he was in Luke's body that Percy would just lie down and die?

Like. Hell.

There was only way to find out who was in the driver's seat and Percy couldn't wait to try it.

Luke- if it was Luke- stood with a calm smile, his eyes never trailing from the son of Poseidon. He looked just like he did when they were sixteen, when the only thing they could focus on was all of the fighting and screaming. He was older, as if he had been awake and alive for years, as if he hadn't died and sacrificed himself in front of Percy. His hands were nestled in his hoodie pockets and his posture was relaxed as his sword dangled from his side. His shoes were new- clean black sneakers with the sole still hard and polished. He got a haircut recently- the ends were too sharp.

Percy's hands curled into fists at his side.

Luke's eyes tracked the movement.

The tension in the air was palpable, leaving everyone waiting with bated breath.

"Hello, Percy." Luke repeated again, his smile still calm and soft.

The son of Poseidon's shoulders tensed.

Luke noted that, too.

Percy looked different- was different- than he was when he was sixteen and naive. Scars littered his body where they hadn't before, and his eyes held more secrets than anyone should hold. His green shirt was dark and well-worn, and he still wore his camp necklace even if he long since removed the beads for safe keeping. His shoes, like his jeans, were worn out and they scraped the dirt each time the demigod shifted his feet restlessly.

"Luke." Percy said in kind, his voice equally soft. "How long has it been?"

"Almost four years." Luke's smile grew because Percy was finally looking him in the eyes, finally acknowledging his presence with more than just words alone. He went to reach forward, reach towards one of the last people to see his moments as himself, but stopped when one of Percy's hands went to his pocket. "Percy?"

"Four years..." He whispered solemnly, his gaze flickering away for a moment before returning back. "You've been busy, haven't you?"

Luke nodded, sighing. "Yeah, it hasn't been... Easy. I saw you on the news. I can't believe you're an Avenger!" He cocked his head to the side when Percy didn't say anything. His eyes were as green as he remembered, forever looking like the ever-changing sea, but now they were unreadable. "Are-"

"It hasn't been easy?" Percy's voice never rose above a whisper as he tilted his head down but one would have thought he shouted it with how all sound seemed to cease. "It hasn't been easy?!" His gaze snapped up and suddenly his eyes were glowing a bright green, the pupils nowhere to be seen.