011

Little White Lies

! this chapter deals with topics of depression and the affects it can have on someone's life and how they view it

! this chapter deals with topics of depression and the affects it can have on someone's life and how they view it. you do not need to read this chapter if that could possibly trigger you in anyway !

Iris' Pov ☁︎

Every days getting harder. I never want to be awake. I just want to sleep the days away. I thought things were getting better but since the thing that had happened with Serena, it just got worse. I don't understand what's going on with me. My parents are great, a amazing best friend, and good grades. Basically all the things someone would want. So I don't know it makes me feel guilty? I know it shouldn't but it does. Because I know there's people out there with harder lives and I'm in a house with a nice family.

And I get that it could be the affects of my childhood. I just I can't let myself think about that for too long. I understand that it really messed with me but now I'm with people that actually love me. Maybe I'm just being hard on myself? I don't really know. I felt like when I was younger I knew exactly what I wanted to do but now it just seems so unreachable.

On the other side of things, the thing with Serena is really messing with me though. After our little thing I saw her leave the party with someone else. It hurt, like really fucking hurt. Because we had only been broken up for not even 24 hours and she had already found someone better. I can't necessarily be mad at her though because I know what will happen. After he leaves she'll come running back, she always does. My mom has told my numerous times that the next time she try's coming back I should just say no, but I don't want her to try and hurt herself or something. She's never done that before but I'm still scared something will happen.

"Mija, dinners ready!" I heard my dad call from the kitchen. I looked around at my messy room before rolling off the bed into a pile of clothes. I sat up before looking around again then getting up. I walked into the kitchen grabbing my plate before we sat down on the couch. On Fridays we sit on the couch and watch whatever reality tv show is on. Right now we've recently been watching a lot of America's Funniest Home Videos. It's nice family time because mom would always bring up wanting to send in a video of me doing something stupid.

She would never do that though. She's never said it out loud, but I know she's scared those people will try to find me again. Anytime we go out she's always looking around us. I understand her, I would be scared too if that happened to my kid. While she doesn't stop me from going out she always asks of me to be careful. Which I am, I never break that rule.

I had been messing around in my room for a while. Just using my abilities to make beautiful magical looking butterfly's and other kinds of things. I tried reading a little bit but didn't get through that much of it. I listened to music as I drew some things out until I heard a knock on my window. My heart jumped at first until I saw willow leaning up against it. I walked over pushing the window up and letting her come in.

"You know I have a front door, right?" I said looking at her.

"Yeah, but this ways more fun," she tells me plopping down on my bed. I let out a small laugh before Willows eyes started wondering around my room and I suddenly felt embarrassed at the state of it. "Are you doing ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine just a lot of stress since school started back," I tell her nodding my head before I sit down beside her.

"You know you can talk to me? I'm here for you always," she says smiling and holding my hand. I don't say anything I just nod my head. "Wanna play a game?"

"Sure, wanna play life?" I asked her getting up from my bed and walking over to my closet.

"Sure," Willow replied before getting up to turn back on the music. She put on the song The Charming Man by The Smiths. I picked up the games that were laying on top of the game before pulling it out and setting it on the bed. Willow made her way back over sitting down in front of me.

"I call the blue car!" I say grabbing it before she could.

"Wow," she says with a laugh before picking up the yellow car and putting a pink peg into it. I did the same as she passed the money out and sorted the cards.

"So you gonna go to college?" I asked looking down at the two paths.

"Yep," she says before spinning the wheel and landing on the number four. "Can I go again that was a bad spin. I mean the wind in here really-," she says moving her hands around trying to keep her laughter in.

"Ah yes the wind in my room," I say with a laugh before allowing her to spin again and her landing on the number six.

"You know what I'll take it," she says moving the piece of plastic across the board. I then spin landing on an eight moving mine across.

We played the game for a while until Willow ended up winning. Her being her she started dancing around the room to the song playing. After a little bit she pulled me off the bed having me dance with her.

I'm not sure how long that went on for but we made it all the way through the record and ending up on my bed just staring up. "Thank you," I said turning to Willow with a small smile on my face.

"For what?" she asked looking over at me.

"Everything," I told her grabbing her hand and giving it a kiss.

a/n:
willow and iris my beloved
ALSO IM WATCHINF THE OSCARS RN AND TIMMY, BILLIE, AND ZENDAYA LOOK SO FUCKING GOOD AHHHHHH

(word count: 1059)