𝘛𝘌𝘕

" ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ꜱɪᴅᴇ, ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴀʙʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. "

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Raina had been quiet on the ride back to the hotel, only exchanging hush conversations with Ni-ki when they dropped him off at his childhood home. Raina stared out the tinted window, up at the stars wondering how one person is able to turn her peaceful life upside down in a matter of seconds. The boys didn't say anything about K, although they excepted his apology none of them are able to completely forgive the older man. Not yet.

After arriving back at the hotel, Raina decided to hit the hotel bar for a while. So here she was, in a nice pair of black pants and an off the shoulder top, drinking her third Sake Grapefruit Cocktail. The hotel bar was pretty quiet, only a handful of people gathered in the bar, laughing and chatting between themselves. Leaving Raina to enjoy her drink and the soothing jazz music in peace, the 28-year-old woman didn't mind not having someone to share a drink with, in fact, she preferred to be alone at the moment as her heart and mind hurt from the day's events. And as Raina walked back to her room hours later, the buzz the alcohol had given making her relaxed she decided to make a call.

"Hello?" A deep, smooth voice answered from the other end of the phone. A voice that still sounded like sweet honey to Raina.

"Hey, Changkyun." Raina greeted as she collapsed on her couch, once again staring out into the view.

"Raina. Hey." She could just hear his smile through the phone, Raina had met Changkyun or rather known as I.M through a mutual friend of theirs.

 Raina didn't expect herself to develop feelings for him but nevertheless, she did, to be completely honest they started out as friends with benefits but one drunken night, the two idols drank the night away and talked about everything and anything. And soon, their normal sex in the back of his car or in the recording studio late at night while the world slept became brunch cafe dates and midnight picnics. And for the first time in a long time, Raina felt genuinely happy, with Changkyun she didn't feel like she had to pretend to be okay, he made her feel safe and calm. But in November of 2024, a year after they had officially become a couple, both Raina and Changkyun decided to end their relationship. There was nothing wrong with their relationship, if anything, the two had never felt happier together but Changkyun could see just how damaged Raina was. And although Raina felt deeply for Chungkyun and maybe in love with him, at that time she knew she wasn't in the right headspace nor in the right time in her life for a relationship. So after hours upon hours of just complete honest communication, the two decided it was best for them to end their romantic relationship. 

But the breakup never once deterred Chungkyun from being there for Raina in whatever capacity she needed him. Raina owed Chungkyun because he was the one that showed her that she was loved, that she wasn't alone, that she could become stronger and most importantly, he showed her that she had the ability to love someone again.