❶❾

"Are you okay? "  You spoke

He gawked at you, "Did you see it too?"

You gave a soft smile to his fanboying attitude and continued to listen to him fawn over the move
How did he do it? It was flawless.

"It was really beautiful. I want to be just like that.*

"Can I do it like him?"

"Of course you can, because I'll watch over you"

"Thank you, Y/n. Let's get strong together"

You gave a bashful smile and rubbed the back of your neck.

"Yeah, let's. "

'Although, I'm not Makomo, I can still try to correct him as best as I can' You thought on your way back up the mountain after meeting Sabito yesterday.

You snapped your finger in realization,

'Shoot, Makomo introduced Sabito, but im not supposed to know who he is'

You ignored the thought and left it to Sabito to introduce himself.

You're a busy woman, what can I say?

..

That was an absolute lie, but he doesn't know that! plus you have to spend your nights scrollung through the manga to find Makomo's lines without being caught.

Who knew Urokodaki would be so suspicious when he saw a glowing come from your room.

Not you, clearly.

Anyways.

You arrived at the boulders, and looked for your salmon friend.

And then you saw Tanjiro getting his ass beat.

It was funny to see that evey time you saw the two until it was your turn.

--------

"Ugh, why do you have to be so brutal? I have mushy limbs now" You frowned at him.

"You have to get stronger, just because your female, doesn't mean ill go easy on you"

"this might be one of the only times that I hate equality" you sulked and Sabito awkwardly stood.

--------

You shuddered at the memory, he truly was strong

WHICH SUCKS.

'COME ON! I'M GLAD HES STRONG OR WHATEVER, BUT WHY DOES MY ASS HAVE TO BE KICKED EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. '

'I'm literally gonna get stronger out of spite'

You walked to over to the two, you already had your beating from him earlier, so it was currently Tanjiro's turn.

He was able to hold his own a little bit more during every fight, and it honestly irked you.

You really glad he's getting stronger, but what about you? He said we'd get stronger together, and it feels like he's leaving you behind

You made a mental note to train more often, with or without the two boys.

The traing between the two had just now ended, and you gave a smile.

"Good job. Your getting stronger each fight, Tanjiro. Though it still looks like Sabito is still better" You gave a teasing laugh, before being serious once more

"Even if your getting stronger than me right now, don't underestimate me. I'll totally pass you two one day, okay?

☁︎

"As for Total Concentration Breathing, it can increase your blood circulation
and speed up the pulse of your heart."

It's been a few weeks and you were currently listening to Sabito talk about Total Concentration.

"That is so your body will get warmer and you'll be strong as a demon
even you're still human."

"In short, it makes your lungs bigger and lets more and more air into your blood."

"When your blood goes into shock, your bones and muscles heat up rapidly
making you stronger."

You nodded, you repeated the words in your head as you made sure to take in the information to use later.

"What should we do to achieve that?"

"Work out with all your might. Besides that, I don't see any other way to achieve it."

You stared at the dirt below you as you quietly sighed.

'More working out? at this rate ill be absolutely jacked! Although, that might be popular among the ladies.. '

'This is gonna be a tough week.. At least I can look something up that explains it better, then I'll teach Tanjiro once I master it!'

After meeting with Sabito, you and Tanjiro worked on the breathing technique, although you worked on it be constant in secret.

The method wasn't exactly hard to learn, but it was definitely difficult to maintain

When you took your first breath, you thought you were amazing and a pro.

But then your lungs progressively more icy and painful with each breath.

With time, this feeling subsidised more and more, but using it all day was a struggle.

You didn't have the girls helping you, so you had to rely on yourself to find a way.

You meditated often too, you made sure to meditate every night or so, and focused on your breathing during it.

Tanjiro thought it was kinda weird but eh what does he know?

Nothing til the butterfly mansion, that's for sure.

You were able to hold the breathing style for a long time, but you didn't know if you were maintaining it during sleep, so you'd have to wait like Tanjiro.

You were able to hold it for 7.5 hours and maybe longer if need be, but thats where it left off the most often.

Your progress with training and the boulder has increased tremendously, you've made noticeable scratches and marks on the rock, and you were able to fight for longer.

You really were starting to feel like you were getting stronger like Tanjiro, maybe even better.

Each day, you made more and more progress and your abilities have improved and its been about 6 months.

'final few days, Tanjiro will cut his boulder soon so i need to get this cut as soon as possible.'

You circled your rock a bit, looking for the most vulnerable spot to strike.

You spotted none, as the boulder was sturdy and strong.So you moved back in front of the initial place you were where your scratches on the rock resided.

You took a long deep inhale and opened your eyes, fueled with determination to split the rock.

Unsheathing the katana on your hip, you ran and jumped at the rock

'I have to do this! I have to be strong like them!'

☁︎
1015 words

haha cliffhanger smd

jk ily <3