Chapter 10 - Forgotten Tea

Chapter Song: Little Things by One Direction

                                         Michael
"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"What?" Derek smiled. "I can't stop by to say hello to my favorite brother?"

"No. Get out."

"I see you haven't lost your charm," Derek smirked.

I think I'm going to punch him.

"How did you find my apartment?" I asked.

I haven't seen my brother in 3 years and I never told him where I moved. I wanted, want, him completely out of my life.

"Do you really want to know?" Derek teased.

"Actually, no. Just get the fuck out."

"If you bothered to answer my calls, then you'd know why I'm here." He pulled out an envelope and handed it to me. Wearily, I took it. It was filled with so much cash that I didn't have to count it to know that it was well over a thousand dollars.

"Where did you get this?"

"Business."

"Doing what?"

"Nothing you need to worry about."

Horrified, I shoved the money into his chest, forcing him to grab it.

"Listen, I don't want to take your dirty money or be an accessory to-"

Beep beep beep.

The coffee machine. Shit. That's going to wake her up.

"Don't move, I'll be back."

I closed the door and tiptoed my way past Evelyn and over to the coffee machine. I turned it off and sighed.

Why is he here?

The last time I saw Derek was 5 years ago and he was behind bars after being charged with armed robbery. He can't be here. I have a life, a home, Evelyn. I can't have him here to make me lose everything again. I can't do it. Not again. Not when everything is just beginning to feel right again.

"Who's this?"

I whipped around to see Derek standing over a sleeping Evelyn, his hand moving towards her face.

"Get the fuck away from her."

Derek retracted his hand, looking up at me and smiling, "She's a pretty thing, isn't she?"

"I said," I spoke cold and low, aggression seeping from my tone. "Get the fuck away from her."

"Alright," he walked towards me and into the kitchen.

"I don't want your money," I hissed. "And I sure as hell don't want you anywhere near myself or Evelyn. So get the fuck out of my apartment and don't show your face around here again."

"Alright."

He always says that. He thinks it makes him sound like he's above me. I hate it.

I watched as Derek walked towards the front door. He paused with his hand on the door handle.

"One more thing," he turned around slowly, a coy smile pulling at his lips. "Does she always look that intoxicating while she sleeps?"

My hands curled into fists.

The fuck did he just say about her?

"See you soon, Michael."