Chapter 19

Meanwhile in Zapolyarny Palace, the Tsaritsa was sat on her throne, observing the Gnosis that Ichiro gave her. Ichiro was right in front of her as he waited for her.

"Hm, I would have loved to see his face when this was taken from him." She smirked. "Especially since you said that Signora used a little bit of force on him."

"Yes, it was quite amusing actually as she finally got her revenge. No matter how short lived it was." Ichiro mused.

"And he doesn't even know why she hated him, the fact that she was even from Mondstadt or that he was the reason she now walks on what other people would call, a villainous path." Ruichiro said in an amused tone.

"Signora is currently at my mansion in Liyue while Childe has been on standby at Northland Bank. I'll be informing Morax that the contract is to be put in motion. I'm assuming that Pierro has already discussed it with him?" He asked.

"Yes. We already have his signature. All we need to do is put things in motion." The Tsaritsa told him.

"Hm. Well then, we're at the final stages of our plan. I trust that you keep things going here smoothly Vinea. We can't wait any longer once we have all the Gnoses in our possession." Ichiro told her with a stern glare.

The Tsaritsa stiffly nodded. "I can assure you Naberius, everything is ready to use and each members are regularly being trained." She assured him.

"The future is so close... We can't let it leave our sight." He told her with a threatening glare before turning around as he made an abyssal portal and walked through it.

The Tsaritsa sighed. Things are about to get serious.

Two weeks later, Ichiro arrives back on his mansion in Liyue Harbor. He had taken a one week detour to Fontaine to check up on his weaponry business that runs in the nation and another week in the Chasm collecting materials. With them in the final stages of their plan, Ichiro was double checking their equipment.

Thankfully, according to his agents, the traveller was yet to arrive in Liyue since he heard that the traveller was hoping to meet the Geo Archon next. Ichiro knew that the traveller being there would definitely cause some trouble for them but Ichiro trusted Morax to have a full proof plan for his own retirement.

He and Rosalyne were seated in the dining table as they ate their breakfast in a more comfortable silence than when they last met.

Ichiro glanced up from his plate as he sees Rosalyne blankly staring at the plate as she played around with her food.

"You alright?" Ichiro asked her. She looked up at him for a second before avoiding his eyes and looking back down at her plate. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." She answered.

Ichiro stared at her for a moment, trying to gauge her expressions before sighing and putting his cutlery down.

"Look, if this is about when I snapped at you two weeks ago, I-"

"It's not that, it's- it's not. I've already moved past that. It's not the first time either of us snapped at the other." She said, still avoiding his eyes and moving her food around.

Ichiro stared at her for a moment as he watched her squirm uncomfortably in her seat as she felt his gaze.

"You know that I won't stop bothering you until you tell me, right?" Ichiro told her with an amused expression.

Rosalyne sighed as she put down her cutlery and looked him in the eye. Now she was truly terrified. Ichiro saw this but didn't know what was causing it. Was it him?

"What's wrong?" He worriedly asked. He was genuinely worried for her as she kept quiet. Rosalyne sighed.

"Alright, I'll tell you but you have to promise me that you won't freak out, good or otherwise, because I'm already freaking out." Rosalyne told him.

"Yeah. You telling me that doesn't really help." Ichiro told her, now more concerned than ever. Rosalyne took a big breath before revealing it.

"I'm pregnant."

"I'm sorry- say what now?"

"Wait, WHAT?!"

Rosalyne observed Ichiro across the table to gauge his reaction as he completely froze in his position.

A few more seconds of Ichiro's brain completely rebooting, she spoke again.

"Well?" She asked, not quite sure of what he felt.

"I- uhm..."

"Ichiro." She whined in an irritated manner.

"Well- what do you want me to say? I didn't even know that this was possible. This never happened in the last 400 years, or ever, in fact." Ichiro explained in a hurry.

"Okay, you need to calm down. Both of you getting anxious isn't gonna help your case nor is it going to help the fetus." Ruichiro told him.

"Easy for you to say, you're not the one becoming a father."

Rosalyne sighed. "Well it is possible. So what now?" She asked him in desperation. Ichiro stood up and walked beside her as he sat on the table and placed his hand on her shoulder, trying to soothe and calm her.

"Well, we're going to raise it of course. Why? Do you want to get rid of it?" Ichiro asked, trying to keep his voice neutral to any decision but she could sense a tinge of sadness at the mention of getting rid of it.

Rosalyne sighed. "Ichiro, I just don't think that raising a child as we're about to wage a war is safe for them. If we die in that war, who will the child have? Or if that child would even live after the war. You've said it yourself darling. We're at the final stages of our plan. It might even cause a hindrance if I fought with a child inside me." She tried to reason with him.

"I-" Ichiro didn't know how to argue with her. At this point, he was more than willing to completely separate them from the Fatui just so they could raise the child. And as if she could hear his thoughts, she spoke up again.

"And there's no way in Celestia that we would give up on our goal. I've been involved in this for 500 years. You have been working on this for more than 2000. We're at the endgame. It would be such a waste to give it all up now." She told him as Ichiro sighed in defeat.

"Alright," Ichiro nodded. "You win. You decide. I'll support you no matter what." He told her as he forced out a small smile. He squeezed her shoulder in comfort before standing up and heading to the bedroom to change, leaving Rosalyne to ponder on her decision.

Since the last time they've had sex was about more than two weeks ago, she had found out that she was pregnant quite early on. She decided to give it some more thought and keep it in the back burner for now.

~ ~ ~ {¤} ~ ~ ~

A/N: Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like the story!